Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Thatcher

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very nasty **** not even the sort of **** which looks nicer after a few drinks eva

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Him and Michael Brown should be kicked out of the game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Absolutely dispicable. There was not simply mistimed, but a tackle with intent.

The law must be changed if nothing can be done about this, due to the booking.

I was quite shocked the Pompey player then ran up to Mendes and moved his neck.

Ps Had Pearce seen the replay of it? He is normally very straight talking and honest. I got the feeling he hadn't seen all of the challenge.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Disgraceful. Pearce hadn't seen a replay when he made those comments about it being a mistime challenge.

Didn't Thatcher break Summerbee's jaw in an another elbow flailing incident? And elbow a Japanese (?) player in pre season causing his lung to collapse?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does anybody know where you can get a clip of it, I want to show the old man? Cheers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BarrelofFun said:
Absolutely dispicable. There was not simply mistimed, but a tackle with intent.
I wouldn't even give him the credit of calling it a tackle.
It was nothing less than an all-out full speed assault. The ball was a complete irrelevence, he just steamed straight into Mendes with the simple intention of laying him out. I think Mendes was already out cold before he hit the deck.

The FA should ban Thatcher for 10 games. But I suppose as Gallagher gave him a yellow (f***ing joke), they'll say the incident has already been "dealt with" and they can't do any more.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
That wasn't a tackle, it was a deliberate assault on a fellow professional. Just because it happened on a football pitch doesn't make it any less of a crime. Incidents of that nature should be treated as a criminal offence and dealt with by the courts. Discraceful behqaviour

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kent Seagull said:
That wasn't a tackle, it was a deliberate assault on a fellow professional. Just because it happened on a football pitch doesn't make it any less of a crime. Incidents of that nature should be treated as a criminal offence and dealt with by the courts. Discraceful behqaviour

Totally agree. Players like Thatcher think they have Carte Blanche to get away with shit like that because the only rules that apply are those of a red and yellow card. He should be hauled up for that shit, I seriously think he could have killed Mendes.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Why isn't it on YouTube, I missed it last night :(

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Kent Seagull said:

I'm no legal expert but I think the old bill should prosecute him for ABH or GBH. It was a physical assault at the end of the day, pure and simple!
Will also be interesting to see if the PFA get involved although i won't hold my breath on that one.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
REDLAND said:
Why isn't it on YouTube, I missed it last night :(

It will be by the end of the day im sure.

It looks as though he will get away with it however as he was booked on the night it is deemed that the ref has seen the incident and the FA have no further power.

However im sure that once Stuart Pearce sees it he will take his own action as that is the sort of guy that he is

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fourteenth Eye said:
However im sure that once Stuart Pearce sees it he will take his own action as that is the sort of gut that he is
That's quite an apt typo - from what I saw, the entirely gutless one was already coming out with "well, it was a fast game, these things can happen" bullshit on the news this morning. I can't stand that moronic twat, never could. He's too f***ing thick to digest the fact that one of this players tried to kill someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here