Votes: 56 74.7%
  • Upbringing (nurture)

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

1066gull

Wht is it that makes people gay?

Is it because there is a gay gene or because of your upbringing?

Oct 25, 2003
there isn't a gay "gene" or that would make one of your parents gay

i do believe that gay people don't "choose" to be gay, and that they just "are" gay

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tommy boy said:
there isn't a gay "gene" or that would make one of your parents gay

i do believe that gay people don't "choose" to be gay, and that they just "are" gay

I agree, its genetic. Why would anybody let alone millions chose a life style choice vilified by so many if they could chose ? I don't understand how some religions think that homosexuality can be 'trained' out of a person, they are what they are and no amount of prayer will change that unless they are prepared to live (and suffer) a lie.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
It's just about who you fancy isn't it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
By nature and choice

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if you want to come out 1066 you can always tell us :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have always believed that you are born gay, the only problems arise when it takes some time for the person to realise, particularly if they are involved in some form of heterosexual relationship at the time.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Is this the 1066 coming out thread?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is there any evidence of homosexuality in animals does anyone know? Any gay cats or dogs knocking around?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
A friend of mine has twin sons - one is gay and the other is not, so I wouldn't have thought upbringing would have much to do with it in their case. They are not identical twins.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
what a crap thread (Again)

1066gull

Springal said:
if you want to come out 1066 you can always tell us :clap:
xxxx, this is a meaningful debate. f*** off if your won't say anything decent.

In my view it has to be genetic and going back to tommy boy's comment saying that would lead to the parents being gay, that is untrue.

I think it is gay and it is to do with the recessive allele gene. Let me explain with colour of hair.

Mrs. T is married to Mr. T and they both have black hair. The local vicar from their church though has ginger hair on the other hand. Mr. T and Mrs. T have a child, the child is born with ginger hair. Mr.. T is the biological father but how can this child be ginger?

It's because of the recessive allele.

Both parents have to have the recessive allele for the offspring to become ginger. If the offspring has one of the recessive alle but also a dominent allele from the other parent than that offspring will still turn out with Black hair.

Big B represents the DOMINENT allele gene
Little b represents the RECESSIVE allele gene
Mum-----------------Dad

B - b----------------- B - b

There are for possible link ups the offspring can have.

BB --- bB --- Bb --- bb

The offspring has a one in four chance in having ginger hair.

This is how I think theay gene works too, as an recessive allele.

1066gull

Fran Hagarty said:
A friend of mine has twin sons - one is gay and the other is not, so I wouldn't have thought upbringing would have much to do with it in their case. They are not identical twins.

It would be intresting to see if anywhere, in the world, there are identical twins with different sexualities as it would throw my theroy in to complete disary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
what has mr t got to do with anything?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Springal said:
what has mr t got to do with anything?
images

HE'S REMINDING 1066 WHAT HE IS........

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cheeky Monkey, I am pretty sure that there is evidence of gay relationships amongst chimps, not sure about any other animals though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adriodinho said:
xxxx, this is a meaningful debate. f*** off if your won't say anything decent.

In my view it has to be genetic and going back to tommy boy's comment saying that would lead to the parents being gay, that is untrue.

I think it is gay and it is to do with the recessive allele gene. Let me explain with colour of hair.

Mrs. T is married to Mr. T and they both have black hair. The local vicar from their church though has ginger hair on the other hand. Mr. T and Mrs. T have a child, the child is born with ginger hair. Mr.. T is the biological father but how can this child be ginger?

It's because of the recessive allele.

Both parents have to have the recessive allele for the offspring to become ginger. If the offspring has one of the recessive alle but also a dominent allele from the other parent than that offspring will still turn out with Black hair.

Big B represents the DOMINENT allele gene
Little b represents the RECESSIVE allele gene
Mum-----------------Dad

B - b----------------- B - b

There are for possible link ups the offspring can have.

BB --- bB --- Bb --- bb

The offspring has a one in four chance in having ginger hair.

This is how I think theay gene works too, as an recessive allele.

Been doing Biology revision by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here