Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behaviour of away fans at the Amex [posts split from another thread]

I agree pathetic but you did not have to trawl through the pages did you ? The point is do you stand up the constant and provocative abuse from posters or try and ingore it ? Whether people agree or not I am subjected to intense and constant abuse from a handful of members on this site who go out of their way to try and wind me up and create another binfest. This is not paranoia it is a fact. You should not have to put up with it in real life so why should you put up with it on here ? Now I am using the ignore list hopefully I can weed them out and spare everyone else these tiresome and as you said childish spats. Apologies.

:lolol:
And so it goes on.

and on.

and ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND.........

FFS Uncle Spielberg, there is a time and place for real life y'know ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fraid not NMH, sorry to disapoint you but I just stated my case, rationally, thoughtfully and calmly so if you and others want me to get upset again I am sorry I am not going to. Have a good day.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
By the way US, my offer to trade my seat for the Midds match was genuine.

Thanks rool but I am going with my mate in the East, near all the nasty away fans !. Thanks for the offer, maybe another game ?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Yeah, I was hoping to read a thread on quite an interesting topic to which I can relate to - shame it was taken completely off track. I'm sure the intention of splitting the threads by Bozza wasn't malicious in the slightest as it initially seemed like it was going to prove quite interesting, up until all the "Woe is me" crap started.

Anyway, I sit near to US in E1G and do see a lot of the abuse and hand gestures that are sent our way by the away fans (who often seem bemused by the lack of reaction, unknowing that they're directing it towards families and mainly elderly members of the crowd in the "Respect Stand"). This only serves to rile them up further which I think was a slight mistake from the Albion originally when designating areas since it's the East Standers who like to sit and politely applaud (though the atmosphere is improving) who are the ones who'd least want to have the away fans abuse directed at them.

But still, US has to bear in mind that it's very much a minority of away fans who are intent on sending the abuse our way. The vast majority stand up, watch the game and sing a few songs. Whilst I've not spoken to any away fans after the game, I often head into the North afterwards for a post-match drink with my brothers (in the sibling sense, not in an 'we're all one big Albion family' sense). However, I have seen away fans in there and it's all very jovial and not the slightest bit of ill intent. And US suggests that they all think poorly of our ground - but again these are generally 5 or 6 fans on a football forum, when a couple of thousand have attended. Not all will think the same way or see it through the same eyes.

Perspective is needed in this thread, in more ways than one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope I made the ignore list

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't do " mingling " so my only matchday experience is to be called a raving woofter where I sit near the away fans for 90 minutes with limp wrists, c*ck in the mouth gestures and w*nkers signs and then outside question if I have aids ? That is my experience this season and have never met such a bunch of low life's from away fans in a season as I have this season.

During the game there is often this sort of banter, at away games we give some stick too to away fans / players but that is all it is, banter. It doesn't necessarily mean that that is their real view in life towards us, (You don't really think that they think that all Brighton fans are gay do you?) its often done as a bit of a giggle and an attempt at humour during the match, don't take it so personally.

I too sit at the south end of the stadium but out of earshot of individual comments that you might be hearing made at our fans, i tend to ignore them as i am far more interested in what is happening on the pitch rather than what the away fans are doing, they are looking for a reaction so don't give it to them. If you think that they have gone too far, complain to a steward.

There may be a few away fans making these gestures and comments to which you refer, it its only a very small number out of the away supporters in the ground, it doesn't mean that they are all thinking the same (just like the 3 or 4 fans on their own internet forum that say that they dislike the ground) It doesn't make it reflective of all of their fans.

Ok, so your experience so far hasn't been great, but i feel that you may be missing out on something that adds to the matchday experience for so many by not mingling with away fans in the concourse bars after the game, but if you don't want to, it's entirely up to you. If you did, it might change your views on the away fans and the idea of having fans mingling after the game in those areas, most fans are decent people (except Palace fans obviously) and happy to talk about the match, football, their view of the stadium etc.

Jan 30, 2008
I do get wound up and spend most of the game giving it back. I am too close to the away fans and it makes for a hostile and unpleasant experience most games. I have witnessed some disgusting behaviour. Most of the people where I am are too old to care but I do go home ranting like a nutter most games thinking what an utter bunch of c*nts the away fans are.
only seen the odd scarfer about , think this mingling things a bit of a joke, seriousley who wants to have a beer with the oppo in the stadium let alone in a pub and end up talking a load of bollocks to each other :shrug:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think I have just seen Gareth when I was out walking my dog

69caee17a500a49d5c6a7b25210d8cd9.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't read this BH which is probably as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or this ! But I assume others are getting entertainment from it.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
A binfest of the highest order!

As much as I don't want to get the thread back on topic I think the away fans coming into the bars after the game is a brilliant feature of the Amex and so far the people I've seen or meet have been friendly and approachable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here