Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behaviour of away fans at the Amex [posts split from another thread]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This has to be as childish a thread as I have ever seen on NSC. Shame really because the point has a good basis for discussion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At the risk of seeming like I'm piling on, why do you need BH to agree to the deal, US? If you put him on ignore or stop replying to him, it ends.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do us both a favour BH before this really get's out of hand. We both agree to never converse again ok as I have nothing to say to you again so lets end it now. Please DO NOT reply to this and we can assume it's a deal. Thanks.

No chance

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve been supporting the Albion for 43 years and I`ve heard some of the vilest abuse from away fans this year in and around the ground than I have ever heard before.

ps..... I do not drink in the north stand bar after the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I`ve been supporting the Albion for 43 years and I`ve heard some of the vilest abuse from away fans this year in and around the ground than I have ever heard before.

ps..... I do not drink in the north stand bar after the game..

But it's the bars we're talking about.

And what teams in particular, out of interest? Expected from Millwall, Palace and Portsmouth, but who else?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

ps..... I do not drink in the north stand bar after the game.

That's because you've been barred.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I've got a seaso in the north although I often sit in other sections of the Amex, but I always go back to the north after game for a pint with my mates. The only time I've ever seen or spoke to oppo fans in the north was after the Wrexham game. I obviously walk around with my eyes and ears closed after reading some of the posts in this thread!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But it's the bars we're talking about.

And what teams in particular, out of interest? Expected from Millwall, Palace and Portsmouth, but who else?

Opening line of the opening post mentions away fans behaviour at The Amex. Maybe I missed the bit about it only being confined to the away fans who frequent the bars.... sorry.I thought it was general.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
On the whole (bar the Millwall game I didn't attend) I think the crowd control / treatment of fans at the Amex has been top notch at the stadium this season. I've read about the apparent cock up re: the 1901, but on the whole I think we should thank the Sussex Police and the Head of Operations at trying a different approach.

In my opinion it's been an overall success.

Yes the abuse is on a different level, but that's the championship for you. It will be just the same in the Prem.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really. I still think to do a thread under someone's name with a title they did not approve with a comment made in another thread without knowing the context it was made in is not right but I give up. Carry on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can see why BH is top of the posting charts once he gets this teeth into somebody on a thread he digs his teeth in like a rabid dog and won't let it go

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Us "Londoners" (well you know) have a bit of a different conception of away fans because we often travel down and away with them. importantly after we've all calmed down and got away from the stadium.

I found some of the comments on here since we've moved into the Amex regarding away fans very very odd. Withdean a major factor I think, some have drifted into a local cricket club mentality. Don't you remember the Goldstone ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can see why BH is top of the posting charts once he gets this teeth into somebody on a thread he digs his teeth in like a rabid dog and won't let it go

If it make's him feel more fulfilled in his life let him carry on. He is 8 stone dripping wet so there is nothing for anyone to worry about in real life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here