Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behaviour of away fans at the Amex [posts split from another thread]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You report this every game, presumably, as well as contacting the Albion after? What sort of responses have you had back?

There is no point. The Stewards stand in front of it every game and just let it happen. I have just accepted it as part of the matchday " experience " now although I have never seen that on the promotional material.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its a tragic shame this thread is going way off topic and diverting from unacceptable behaviour from club employees into a silly spat about what away fans do in the away end.

For what its worth we sit by the away end and enjoy the banter, and will be sorry to see them go to the se corner, but each to their own.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah fair point Dan.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
You report this every game, presumably, as well as contacting the Albion after? What sort of responses have you had back?

HE dosent have to report it they can see it happening on the ctv ,why are you trying to make out he is lying its his experience of matchdays, we all no this goes on and if you had to put up with it week after week i think you would be pissed off to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its a tragic shame this thread is going way off topic and diverting from unacceptable behaviour from club employees into a silly spat about what away fans do in the away end.

For what its worth we sit by the away end and enjoy the banter, and will be sorry to see them go to the se corner, but each to their own.

Agreed - will try and split it out into the 2 distinct subjects.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
mmmmmm, not sure about this splitting of the threads. A chance to have a pop again ? Ah well I am off to bed so carry on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
mmmmmm, not sure about this splitting of the threads. A chance to have a pop again ? Ah well I am off to bed so carry on.

What the f***?

Dan wrote:

...and you agreed...

Yeah fair point Dan.

As did I. The original thread had become 2 distinct discussions that really weren't related, so I split them out. The title of this one seemed to be a good description of the subject matter, but I'll happily rename it as I don't have paper-thin sensibilities. What would you like it to be called?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever Bozza I am tired now and can't be bothered. What has happened is that a comment made on one thread by me has someone morphed into a new thread with a title made up I did not do. Now it looks like I have done a seperate thread about this subect so to make a single thread of it without knowing the context is was written under seems odds as I have never seen it done before on NSC. But as I said do what you feel is right.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
have a pint or two under the shadow of the West Stand roof high above. It's a wonderful, wonderful place to be

very true Bozza

alas, this will actually be something the stadium loses when they fill in the corners. that North-West open drinking area is quite special at times.

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
I have no axe to grind either way but I'd give up Bozza, so far you've offered to buy US a beer, to change seats, and to split the thread as he seemed to want. It seems he has turn down the hand of friendship several times,
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As somebody that goes home and away to pretty much every game one of the key things is meeting up with opposition fans (not using "meet up" the same way as Das Reich would ;-)). We always meet in the WSL bar after the game and have had beers with Blackpool, Wrexham and Pompey fans after the game, its a great idea. It wont work for certain games but overall I think it has been a huge success. Had a good beer with Hull fans in the Swan, and the same with Liverpool & Coventry City.

Away games we pretty much always end up chatting to the locals and its usually a laugh. Football is all about the fans IMHO, take them away and isolate everyone and it would be rather dull!

I know loads of lads and lasses through going to England games and often meet up with them home and away (Middlesborough,Coventry, Doncaster & Derby so far this season).

This is what footballs all about to me. I even know a couple of Palace fans that we often bump into following England. Plenty of banter, but usually good natured. I however chose not to met them before or after either of those games this season!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
US starting another binfest with an opinion way out of kilter with what actually happens.................

Nothing new then

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
US - Normally I agree with you on most things, but on this you are sadly wrong.

In the North after games the away fans sometimes turn up and are always very polite, sensible football supporters.

Even after the Palace game when I went to get on my motorbike to go home (parked behind a Palace supporters coach) the Palace lot gave me tonnes of banter but none of it was aggressive.

Sorry mate but you're a bit off the mark here IMO.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Whatever Bozza I am tired now and can't be bothered. What has happened is that a comment made on one thread by me has someone morphed into a new thread with a title made up I did not do. Now it looks like I have done a seperate thread about this subect so to make a single thread of it without knowing the context is was written under seems odds as I have never seen it done before on NSC. But as I said do what you feel is right.

your comment was about away fans in the 1901 club and what happened to the banned fan, away fans in the away end was not the issue to start with i stuck up for unc spielberg because it seemed you were trying to belittle him when he had valid points

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no axe to grind either way but I'd give up Bozza, so far you've offered to buy US a beer, to change seats, and to split the thread as he seemed to want. It seems he has turn down the hand of friendship several times, little wonder that he thinks the world is against him.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Well I did not ask for a title to be made up in my name, that I never posted myself. To have a random comment I made on a thread without knowing the context
it was wrriten seems very odd to me but it is me who is in the wrong ?, is that right as that seems to be the way it is and if I question it, it's ME that is in the wrong. Ok, that's the deal on here I accept it. As I said carry on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You, sir, are so very difficult to please. I will add in a comment to the first post right now to explain the origin of this thread. There was no malice intended with my actions - it was simply to separate 2 very different, yet important, subjects when they were running intertwined in a single thread and it was suggested, INCLUDING BY YOU, that it was not right.

I ask again - what do you want this thread to be called? I'll change it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US starting another binfest with an opinion way out of kilter with what actually happens.................

Nothing new then

Oh just do one. I have just about had enough of you now, Do One, IDIOT !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh just do one. I have just about had enough of you now, Do One, IDIOT !

Mate, you are your own worst enemy these days.

For what reason we have no idea

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You, sir, are so very difficult to please. I will add in a comment to the first post right now to explain the origin of this thread. There was no malice intended with my actions - it was simply to separate 2 very different, yet important, subjects when they were running intertwined in a single thread and it was suggested, INCLUDING BY YOU, that it was not right.

I ask again - what do you want this thread to be called? I'll change it.

Don't worry Bozza the idiots like Beach Hut have waited and swooped already. Total hypocracy as he has started more binfests than me. MORON !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here