Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behaviour of away fans at the Amex [posts split from another thread]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not really but it seems the behaviour is acceptable to you. I don't really know why people are standing up for the away supporters when without exception they have said the Amex is a souless piece of crap and the abuse has been off the scale.

SOME have said that, lots have been complimentery, as Bozza said, the decent ones often come into the North concourse and are all seemingly decent fans, like the majority of Albion fans.
Yes you will always get bad apples, but if you get so upset about some of their chants that you cant be arsed to have a drink after, then I feel sorry for you, if you didnt take everything to heart and personal, then perhaps you would MINGLE after the game and realise that there are some decent people at football matches
You do seem to have a strange view on life sometimes

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously after every single game this season we get the " opposition view of the Amex " and it is almost exclusively saying it is a shit stadium. What with that and the general homophobic shit I have no desire whatsover to meet away fans. I have better things to do , like go home and watch the TV.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously after every single game this season we get the " opposition view of the Amex " and it is almost exclusively saying it is a shit stadium. What with that and the general homophobic shit I have no desire whatsover to meet away fans. I have better things to do , like go home and watch the TV.

Please - come to the North for a beer, on me. You might not see any away fans. It's a great place to be and unwind from an intense 90 minutes supporting the Albion.

I feel sad that you rush off home feeling all bitter and aggrieved, when so many people are still enjoying their day out.

And please move seats for next season, even if you're not one of those being displaced, as it sounds you might be. It can't do you much good sitting through something that makes you so uncomfortable for 90 minutes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Please - come to the North for a beer, on me. You might not see any away fans. It's a great place to be and unwind from an intense 90 minutes supporting the Albion.

I feel sad that you rush off home feeling all bitter and aggrieved, when so many people are still enjoying their day out.

And please move seats for next season, even if you're not one of those being displaced, as it sounds you might be. It can't do you much good sitting through something that makes you so uncomfortable for 90 minutes.

I do get wound up and spend most of the game giving it back. I am too close to the away fans and it makes for a hostile and unpleasant experience most games. I have witnessed some disgusting behaviour. Most of the people where I am are too old to care but I do go home ranting like a nutter most games thinking what an utter bunch of c*nts the away fans are.

Last edited:

I think this is another example of you not being able to distinguish between what you read on NSC and real life.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Eh? "Most" of them?

Where do you have these conversations?

I dont think you have to have conversations with them to no what utter shit comes out of there mouths . SURELY after all this time trying to get are own ground[ old school not stadium] why the f*** do we have too share every bit of it with gobby twats who take the piss, after the portsmouth game i went to the east for abeer then back to the north to find about 15 portsmouth fans taking the piss singing there shit songs in our stand . I was the only one giving them stick back which prompted them to sing theres only one of you ... can you imagine next season now they no they can come in our stands mob handed, . Also it cant be right that our own fans feel to intimadated to stay for abeer which seemed to be the case because the concourse was nearly empty which is most unusual also in the light of this thread if any thing does happen to our own fans we would be facing the same charges even if were innocent

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I do get wound up and spend most of the game giving it back. I am too close to the away fans and it makes for a hostile and unpleasant experience most games. I have witnessed some disgusting behaviour. Most of the people where I am are too old to care but I do go home ranting like a nutter most games thinking what a utter bunch of c*nts the away fans are.

I feel sorry for you, this year at home IMHO has been an unforgettable enjoyable rollercoaster. I think the only game I havnt gone home saying ive had a good time was the Palarse game.
I know we have lost other games, but other than that one, iv'e loved every minute.
Ignore the opposition fans, enjoy the Albion and the Amex

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I dont think you have to have conversations with them to no what utter shit comes out of there mouths . SURELY after all this time trying to get are own ground[ old school not stadium] why the f*** do we have too share every bit of it with gobby twats who take the piss, after the portsmouth game i went to the east for abeer then back to the north to find about 15 portsmouth fans taking the piss singing there shit songs in our stand . I was the only one giving them stick back which prompted them to sing theres only one of you ... can you imagine next season now they no they can come in our stands mob handed, . Also it cant be right that our own fans feel to intimadated to stay for abeer which seemed to be the case because the concourse was nearly empty which is most unusual also in the light of this thread if any thing does happen to our own fans we would be facing the same charges even if were innocent

Thank you. As usual I am ploughing a lone furrow but I expect that now from NSC. Reading the stuff it seems EVERYTHING is sweetness and light at the Amex but my comment and my matchday experience is far from that. Of course , as usual, it's me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You read on NSC that the opposition view of the Amex is "almost exclusively saying it is a shit stadium". In real life (or at least in the North Stand Concourse, post-match) they don't.

Ok you are saying they say it is a great stadium ? Ok , you are right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank you. As usual I am ploughing a lone furrow but I expect that now from NSC. Reading the stuff it seems EVERYTHING is sweetness and light at the Amex but my comment and my matchday experience is far from that. Of course , as usual, it's me.

I really don't know what to say.

Everyone I know who goes to the Amex, including me, are still pinching ourselves at the utter joy of what home games are like. The Amex is ours - it's really ours! It's not just a one-off away day and we're going to return to the shite of Withdean for the rest of our footballing lives.

I've not had a single bad opposing fan experience all season long. I don't dispute for a second they happen - I've heard from both NSCers and friends about mouthing off at a few games. But post-match concourse beers are happy beers. You're missing out on a lot.

I feel very sad for you.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ok you are saying they say it is a great stadium ? Ok , you are right.

If you like US, I'll swap your seat for mine in the North Stand for the Middlesboro game. I have a great view, you hardly hear the away fans and I find it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I fancy trying one of the other stands anyway and if you prefer the experience try to change at the end of season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you like US, I'll swap your seat for mine in the North Stand for the Middlesboro game. I have a great view, you hardly hear the away fans and I find it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I fancy trying one of the other stands anyway and if you prefer the experience try to change at the end of season.

Likewise with my WSU seats. I want to put some joy into a Saturday for you!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really don't know what to say.

Everyone I know who goes to the Amex, including me, are still pinching ourselves at the utter joy of what home games are like. The Amex is ours - it's really ours! It's not just a one-off away day and we're going to return to the shite of Withdean for the rest of our footballing lives.

I've not had a single bad opposing fan experience all season long. I don't dispute for a second they happen - I've heard from both NSCers and friends about mouthing off at a few games. But post-match concourse beers are happy beers. You're missing out on a lot.

I feel very sad for you.

Don't feel sorry for me. I love the Amex and I love BHAFC but my matchday experience of being abused for 90 minutes take's the shine off a little. One of our members on here was evicted recently for standing up to the shit endured by East/South and I saw first hand the abuse dished out to him and his mates.

Last edited:

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
dont worry mate im with you , i cant believe after all whats happened to our club and all the fans have been through that you attack each other on here this is our club, every fan not just nsc we dont all agree with the view that other teams fans can come in the home ends and im sure one day it will kickoff with maybe people and kids getting hurt, it would be like a stampede under there with fans trying to get out of the way not a nice thought..

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
dont worry mate im with you , i cant believe after all whats happened to our club and all the fans have been through that you attack each other on here this is our club, every fan not just nsc we dont all agree with the view that other teams fans can come in the home ends and im sure one day it will kickoff with maybe people and kids getting hurt, it would be like a stampede under there with fans trying to get out of the way not a nice thought..

It may be where I am sat but I can say without exception the behaviour and conduct of the away fans has been deplorable. Co*k in mouth gesture's, turning around and signaling to their bums, wa*ker signs etc. It's not a great matchday experience for me.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
It may be where I am sat but I can say without exception the behaviour and conduct of the away fans has been deplorable. Co*k in mouth gesture's, turning around and signaling to their bums, wa*ker signs etc. It's not a great matchday experience for me.

feel sorry for you mate , you go to a game because you enjoy it not to be abused and if this is what you have to put up with on here as well .Ilove abit of banter and im no angel, but when your with your son who is 12 and you have to listen to these pricks it does my nut as well

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You report this every game, presumably, as well as contacting the Albion after? What sort of responses have you had back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here