Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Before slitting your wrists.. Read what Bolton fans had to say about the game

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Yeap. Very frustrating today but we are so, so close to being the real deal!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Even Dougie said we were fantastic .....

]

Why would I say that ? It's seems you lot have an obsession with what opposing fans think about you or your stadium .all that matters is what we think .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bolton manager Dougie Freedman: "Brighton were fantastic. I have seen them many times and this was certainly one of the best performances. They will be gutted not to have won.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is, would you rather we outplayed every team playing great football, and got the results we get, or get the same results but playing turgid, boring, dull defensive football?

I know what we'd all really say, hand on heart.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
For crying out loud, chaps, deal with it & move on. We played really well, didn't quite get over the line thanks to a late mugging, but are still well in touch with the top six with ages of the season left, unbeaten in six, & playing some great football. Our bookings are well down, we haven't had a red yet, & so far we're drawing games we would have lost last season.

Imagine how good we're going to be when we really hit our straps? Better to do that late & run in hot than lead early & fade. Slow & steady wins the race. Sometimes we're brilliant...show a little patience & those "sometimes" will become "mostlys".

You can pack that in Edna, there's no place on this forum for a fair and accurate analysis of our current position.
Bloody women, what do they know about football?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For crying out loud, chaps, deal with it & move on. We played really well, didn't quite get over the line thanks to a late mugging, but are still well in touch with the top six with ages of the season left, unbeaten in six, & playing some great football. Our bookings are well down, we haven't had a red yet, & so far we're drawing games we would have lost last season.

Imagine how good we're going to be when we really hit our straps? Better to do that late & run in hot than lead early & fade. Slow & steady wins the race. Sometimes we're brilliant...show a little patience & those "sometimes" will become "mostlys".

Spot on. Gutted with the equaliser but all looks good for the rest of the season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, yes it does. Somebody is getting royally spanked soon, ideally it would be Palace, but I'd settle for Bristol City.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Errr...........milk and two sugars love.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
One player like Ngog away from top of the table perhaps. Raid the top (in Liverpool's case maybe should say big) Prem teams for a young cast off. Worked well with BridcUtt from Chelski and we're turning into Swansea's 2nd team. Must be a young striker out there who is close to being a Prem player but doesn't have the experience to cut it and thus disgarded from somewhere before he gets his chance.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
At some point it'll click and some team is gonna get thrashed.

Much like Barnsley, Bristol are in near enough the same place as them when we dicked them - I'd rather we dicked Bristol then take the momentum from a huge win into Palace. More beneficial that was as the team will have a lot more belief they can perform very well, but like Burnley after the Barnsley game.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
bumped into a couple of bolton fans in the prince albert post game. very impressed with our team and also the stadium. both said that their usual set of knobs were to blame for that small fracas.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I hope to be proved wrong, but I can't see who is going to score all these goals for us to thrash someone. CMS lacks support, Barnes' confidence in front of goal has vanished, the midfield players rarely get into goalscoring positions, except for Orlandi, whose luck is out ... so I presume Buckley is going to have to do it all himself.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
They couldn't really say much else could they? Should have been at least 3-0 us by half time. They are a big physical unit that are now trying to play football under Freedman, fair play to the pikey. They could not cope with our slick movement and tried to kick us off the park, pretty much the story of this league really.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Think we did ok-Bolton seemed average at best,but we were not great,a penalty miss & the follow up,a good shoot from Orlandi that hit the bar,and hit the bar a few moments later from another shot-

Did we get behind them enough? no.
we were too controlled,like robots,give CMS a partner at home.
Personally i thought we were average

You are a plum

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Think we did ok-Bolton seemed average at best,but we were not great,a penalty miss & the follow up,a good shoot from Orlandi that hit the bar,and hit the bar a few moments later from another shot-

Did we get behind them enough? no.
we were too controlled,like robots,give CMS a partner at home.
Personally i thought we were average

Interesting perspective, if we were average today, when have we been above average in your opinion?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you on the right forum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here