Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Beer luzzed at Southgate

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Needs to be an English manager I feel; none of the other big footballing nations would dream of having a foreign boss.
Apart from Portugal. But they haven't ever won anything.

Oh....hang on....

(Brazil and Germany have never had a foreign manager, so you do have a point. Alas, too late in our case. Personally I'm not bothered though. A good one would be nice.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from Portugal. But they haven't ever won anything.

Oh....hang on....

(Brazil and Germany have never had a foreign manager, so you do have a point. Alas, too late in our case. Personally I'm not bothered though. A good one would be nice.)
France, Italy?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
France, Italy?
France: On 8 August 1973, the Romanian Ștefan Kovács became the first foreign manager of the team

Only four of the undisputed major powers of football have never had a foreign national coach: Brazil, Italy, Germany and Argentina. They are also the four most successful World Cup nations, winners five times, four times, three times and twice respectively.

Google and Wikipedia are my friends. Possibly my only friends :wink:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
The FA should try something truly radical and let Sarina Wiegman manage both the senior sides simultaneously.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
At least it wasn’t piss :shrug:I don’t think Daphne and Celeste had a fun time of it that time at Reading Festival…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here