Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Beer luzzed at Southgate

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
However annoyed you are throwing stuff at a football manager is pathetic behavior. He's not trying to be shit. His response in the presser was remarkable really. He's a top-quality person and has the best record since Sir Alf. I do think he's limited as a coach and his time has run out (I hope I am wrong and we win the damn thing). What he's done for England deserves respect. We are not a big football nation. We are a Netherlands or Croatia, almost but never quite good enough.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
However annoyed you are throwing stuff at a football manager is pathetic behavior. He's not trying to be shit. His response in the presser was remarkable really. He's a top-quality person and has the best record since Sir Alf. I do think he's limited as a coach and his time has run out (I hope I am wrong and we win the damn thing). What he's done for England deserves respect. We are not a big football nation. We are a Netherlands or Croatia, almost but never quite good enough.
I was going to post something very similar.

It's clear that Southgate is currently doing a terrible job and that this should almost definitely be his last tournament.

However he doesn't deserve the opprobrium, vitriol and toxicity that surrounds him now and has done for several years. What he has achieved prior to this point deserves respect yet he doesn't get it and some people will go to great lengths to deny it.

I'd quite like Pochetino to take over. I think he'd build on the positives of Southgate's reign but play a more positive style of football.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I really don’t think that’s a job for Potter if twelve people with some disgruntled boos at the Amex set him off.
Unfortunately he ticks a lot of boxes with the FA, therefore there's a very good chance it might happen :shrug:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The whole lot need booing........overpaid prima donas

People have paid good money to watch that :poop:

I'd be luzzing more than empty beer cups I tell ya.
1000003238.png

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
For anyone hoping for the return of bottle tops, plenty of justification here for PBOBE to use if needed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
England have stunk the Euro's out so far. Going around clapping when most are pissed off is just making the situation worse

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
England have stunk the Euro's out so far. Going around clapping when most are pissed off is just making the situation worse
Rubbish, imagine if he hadn't gone to applaud the fans? He can't win. The fans were for the most part excellent last night, he acknowledged that and has consistently said we haven't been good enough. It's moronic to throw stuff at a football manager because you're annoyed at a performance.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Rubbish, imagine if he hadn't gone to applaud the fans? He can't win. The fans were for the most part excellent last night, he acknowledged that and has consistently said we haven't been good enough. It's moronic to throw stuff at a football manager because you're annoyed at a performance.
rather than throw empty beer glasses at GS maybe the fans would have done better to have luzzed copies of The Ladybird Book of Football tactics ….

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No you are right, he can't win lol

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We are not a big football nation.
That is an insane comment. We have a larger population than Spain, comparative to Italy, and 80% of France's. We dwarf Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia, Belgium etc. We have the biggest and best league on the planet and teams in the 3rd tier that can pull in 15,000 crowds. Along with a large percentage of the population that is absolutely obsessed with football.

I'd argue that we are THE football nation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfortunately he ticks a lot of boxes with the FA, therefore there's a very good chance it might happen :shrug:
Who else is there though?

I personally think Potter will do well if given the chance.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Who else is there though?

I personally think Potter will do well if given the chance.
There is no doubt Potter would be doing a better job than Southgate when it comes to actually influencing games in this tournament. My concern with Potter is that he couldn't galvanise the group and get the buy-in of the egos like Southgate has. He clearly couldn't at Chelsea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This.

I was chatting to the postman the other day and told me his son (late teens early 20s) is completely losing his shit over the Euros and England, along with his mates. To me (and him - he's Spursy) football is all gravy. Your team may win something. If not, we move on.

We don't chuck things at the manager, start fights, put windows in, slap the missus and otherwise behave like spoilt toddlers who have done a Big Shit in their nappy. It's pathetic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Then England fans can look forward to yet more side to side, non progession football with a manager who can't identify or refuses to play talented youngsters. Yippeee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here