Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham Crocked?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would it hurt to have someone that is, pretty much second to none, when it comes to set pieces inthe squad?

Couldn't agree more. He was definitely worth his place in the squad!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Couldn't agree more. He was definitely worth his place in the squad!

He's having his operation tomorrow. :clap2: I have a sneaky feeling this ain't over... I would take him, still, if he can prove his fitness. Rooney can't stop scoring headers, Beckham crosses perfectly.. put those things together and we've got a chance at winning the WC!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's having his operation tomorrow. :clap2: I have a sneaky feeling this ain't over... I would take him, still, if he can prove his fitness. Rooney can't stop scoring headers, Beckham crosses perfectly.. put those things together and we've got a chance at winning the WC!

If he had broken a bone I may agree with you, but as it's something to do with messy stuff that surrounds them I think not.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

out for 5 to 8 months initial reports say!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shame, as he has never done himself justice on the international stage in an england shirt

hope lennon gets fit now

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's it then. He won't play again. :cry: Thank you David.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Mark my words ladies and gents, this ain't over yet. He's having the operation TOMORROW (well, today!), we're not talking about a park player here. We're talking about a chap with the resources to get the best medical treatment in the world (hence flying to Finland for the operation), and we're talking about a chap who has done it before. Admittedly, as Clapham has rightly pointed out, it's different when it's a broken bone. But there's nothing stopping Beckham getting back in contention for the World Cup, the only concern for me is that he won't get much/any game time whatsoever. Easily remedied, of course. But it's not like he was going to be a regular starter in the side anyway, his role is as impact sub now and I can't see any reason why he couldn't still play that role if he can get himself fit and firing.

All of that said, if Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon are both fit, then it doesn't really matter about mr Beckham. Unfortunately, I think this just confirms what most people have thought/known for a long time. His days are over as an International. :down:

David Beckham. :bowdown:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Whilst it's not the biggest blow to our world cup hopes it is certainly disappointing, if only as a football fan sad to see Becks' international career end like this.

He easily deserved one last chance at a major international tournament and it's sad to think that he'll not be on the pitch in South Africa this Summer.

A SUPERB servant for his country and an excellent player to watch on his day, I feel genuinely sad that his international career looks set to end in this manner

I went SERIOUSLY mental when this went in...

[yt]t0GESlaVNdE[/yt]

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I feel very sorry for Becks, he really would have offered something to the squad, even if he just came of the bench each game and just for the experience, but I think England can still do well without him.

It's a massive blow but with or without Beckham we are not going to win the World Cup anyway and I have faith in Shaun Wright Phillips to do a good enough job on the right wing.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Whilst it's not the biggest blow to our world cup hopes it is certainly disappointing, if only as a football fan sad to see Becks' international career end like this.

He easily deserved one last chance at a major international tournament and it's sad to think that he'll not be on the pitch in South Africa this Summer.

A SUPERB servant for his country and an excellent player to watch on his day, I feel genuinely sad that his international career looks set to end in this manner

I went SERIOUSLY mental when this went in...

All of that. Feel very sorry for him. Clearly loves playing football despite what some people think of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have faith in Shaun Wright Phillips to do a good enough job on the right wing.

And I've got some magic beans for sale, do you want to buy them.

5-live reporting he'll be out for 6 months.
I'm gutted for the bloke.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Very sad news indeed, I really feek for him personally and fear for England's World Cup chances without him.
He will be missed for sure and I think his experience and humble levelheadedness (is that word, it is now!) will be sorely missed given the bunch of arrogant idiots (Rooney aside who seems to actually be maturing off the pitch) that make up mots st of the squad a leadershoip group, none of whom could set a good example to anyone as far as I can tell....
Hopefully he can still go as a squad ambassador or extra coach or something as I'm sure his input would be helpful, although I'm not sure Fabio will see it that way.

Olliebha

Jan 17, 2010
Brighton
Wasn't there a thread on here yesterday where all of you were calling Beckham an idiot because someone thought he was at the Goldstone Retail Park?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You have to feel for the man. He's been a true professional and a great servant to England. I wish him all the best but but suspect that Capello will actually be too bothered. Beckham has only ever really been a fringe player under his reign and this would seem to draw a line under the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here