Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I'd be very impressed by anyone who could tell me when Leeds were European Champions. I recall two Fairs Cup wins and a European Cup final defeat, but otherwise I'm scratching my head a little.

Leeds lost 2 - 0 to Bayern Munich in th 1975 cup final.

Really dodgey descisions went against them, so to Leeds fans feel they should have been crowned champions of europe.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That.

I'd be perfectly happy with either Beckford or Becchio here.

Rumour has it last summer, and i believe january too, we were after Bechio. I'm pretty sure it was on here was it not? Would be a great player to play alongside CMS/Barnes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How does Beckford and CMS fit in the same team with:-
Bricutt
Crofts
Vicente
Buckley
KLL

Barnes
Noone

Because Beckford is different gravy to the likes of CMS/Barnes or Noone. (who isn't a striker)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because Beckford is different gravy to the likes of CMS/Barnes or Noone. (who isn't a striker)
My point was made in response to Beckford and CMS being in the same team.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Fair enough, stupid was probably a bit harsh. It does make me laugh though that people are scoffing at Beckford when even only twelve months ago they were getting excited at the prospect of Chris Wood rejoining.

I've got to be honest, and I have no grand expectations of superstar signings, but Beckford doesnt really excite me. My old flatmate is a Leeds fan and even when he was banging them in for them (in div 1) he and many Leeds fans thought he was wildly overated. He has done nothing at Everton or Leicester to really disprove that theory.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I see CMS and Beckford being totally different beasts - and beasts being the operative word. In CMS we've got a workhorse, someone who perhaps isn't as comfortable as a goal poacher, but bangs a few in. In Beckford we'd have someone a bit more flair, a bit more of an out and out goalscorer (although I'm aware of his recent history, I think in the right team with the right supply he'd be mustard)

Would love to see this.....

--------------Kusczack
--------Saltor Dunk GG Bridge
---Buckley Bridders Crofts Vicente
----------------CMS
--------------Beckford

Subs: Brez, AEA, Calde, KLL, Noone, Barnes, Sparrow

God, I'm wetting myself thinking about that sort of line up!!!!!!!!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
All I'm saying is in the Cole thread I said it wouldn't happen, (which it hasn't and it wont) & that a different black guy is in the running, make of it what you want & Im sure some people think I just making crap up like crofts signing .... o wait I wasnt :)

Would it be a bigger tease if I said there are 2 black fowards we are interested in now?

Anyways im going down the pub now ready to take the (not so good) advice from some of you lot about getting over the mrs :thumbsup:

I look foward to all the posts tonight when I get back in!

Is that forward or foward or is that a clue. Anagram maybe. Dwarfo?

At least someone got it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here