Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Really doesnt fit with the type of player poyet would sign, like someone else mentioned a wanna be gangster

As much as I think CMS Is a great player and his work ethic Is unreal. I feel he don't fit In the squad. Thats my opinion though.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
If Gus can get hold of him attitude wise then I think he'd be an excellent bit if business. It's a BIG if about his attitude though..

Definite talent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Gus give him a hug after he got sent off last season? I think he likes him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Downside is that he considered himself too good for Leeds and they are European Champions :rolleyes:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hmmmmm it might just work.

CMS, works his socks off but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Beckford, lazy shit bag but pretty decent in front of goal.

I'll believe it when it comes from a more credible source though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be happy with him as a new signing, but he is another potential CMS. Someone who has done well in League 1 but never been a big scorer in a higher league

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hmmmmm it might just work.

CMS, works his socks off but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Beckford, lazy shit bag but pretty decent in front of goal.

I'll believe it when it comes from a more credible source though.

Beckfords ratio at Championship is roughly the same.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm surprised at just how much apathy there is on here about signing a player of the quality of Beckford. Just who do some people think we are going to get?

I'd be delighted with him. He'd certainly be a step up from the likes of Paynter, Kitson and Vokes. Gus knows him and he fits the bill of an experienced forward who's mobile yet still has physical presence.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Baldock is going to Bristol by many accounts. Bid accepted by WH

Good good. Another player that Palace fans seemed to fancy their chances of signing, slips through their net :lolol:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm surprised at just how much apathy there is on here about signing a player of the quality of Beckford. Just who do some people think we are going to get?

I'd be delighted with him. He'd certainly be a step up from the likes of Paynter, Kitson and Vokes. Gus knows him and he fits the bill of an experienced forward who's mobile yet still has physical presence.

It's because they're being unrealistic with the players they think we should be signing.

Beckford would be a great signing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yeah, having signed champions league and international players like bridge, kuszczak, vicente, and bruno, why are people so indifferent to a championship player whose brief premier league experience didn't tear up trees?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Gus was with Beckford when he was at Leeds and arguably was in his best form. It was also said fairly regularly that arguably Gus was the man pulling the strings at Leeds. If we do sign him (the likelihood of which I am still very sceptical of), I am absolutely certain Gus will sort him out and get him banging in the goals.

On the attitude front, there have been criticisms of our players attitudes under Gus quite regularly at times and he's always got the best out of them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here