Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckford Red Card, What Happened??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was in north stand and saw Dunk on the ground, Does anyone know what happened??

Jake Robinson reckons it was a slight tap on back or dig in ribs. Fair play Dunk just walked off, so was all Lino. Poyet said after seeing the replay he wasn't convinced there was anything

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not a clue. Lino didn't give the initial foul (Beckford caught him late) - suddenly he's waving flag - i thought Dunk had said something and was going! Leic fan said he kicked out but was soft.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Right in front of me. Dunk went down which I thought was a dive, Beckford shouted at the linesman , then hovered over Dunk shouting at him and gave him a hard nudge in the ribs. Dunk didn't react but the linesman had a think and flagged.

Dumb and harsh. But hey! :)

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Dunk went down looking for a free kick, Lino gave nothing. Dunk stayed down and Beckford gave him a dig, right in front of the Lino who immediately flagged it.
Nothing really, but Vincelot went for less against Burnley.

Damn, too late. see above.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
As soon as Beckford went off we said one of ours would go by the end of the game - my money was on GG. It's what Refs seem to do these days . . .

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Definitely wasn't a hard dig in the ribs, more a 'get up' tap. If it was for that it's a shocking blunder, but has been suggested elsewhere that the lino thought his boot had caught dunk in the face. Language would make more sense, but I still don't quite get it.

That being said, we played much worse in the second half after that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Right in front of me all he done was patted dunk on the head

looked more like a pinch or dig on Dunk's back - but it could have been for F&A language that of course we couldn't see or hear

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I was very close, I thought Lino flagged after beckford dragged his boot by dunks head, did look intentional like he meant to catch dunk as he walked off. Didn't look to touch him much though

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What happened was- 1) Beckford pats Dunk on head
2) Beckford steps over Dunk
3) Lino thinks Beckford has stepped on Dunk intentionally and tells ref to send him off

(Dunk didn't react in any way)

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
My take on it from front row west stand upper pretty much in line
Beckford tackled Dunk in front of lino
Referee thought fair challenge and also lino thought ok too as didn't give anything
Dunk went down and Beckford thought Dunk made a meal of it by remaining of the ground in pain
Beckford then went back to Dunk and after leaving him patted him on top of head or perhaps rapped his knuckles hard on Dunk's head
Lino then flagged and ref asked lino twice whether he was certain of incident and lino confirmed
My eyesight ain't the best though but thought this was what happened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here