Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be wary at Leeds

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
lot of aggro,one pub in the lanes:nono: ,dont see that as a major thing to get back at us,also you know fairwell that our loons only go to the easy games so they can bully,they wernt at millwall,westham,tottenham,and wont be their tom,or cardiff.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Brighton till i die said:
i agree - there will definately be a fair bit of trouble up there.

but i dis-agree with the fact that innocent fans will get caught up in most of it.

i think for the thugs it will be a good day out because both sides will be up for it.

let them get on with it for 10 minutes i say to get it out their systems!!
;)

I didn't see any trouble or here of any trouble all day!

Did anybody else encounter any problems?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Very friendly I thought. No trouble from the oppositionfans. A couple of people near me got chucked out for not sitting down though - one of them was several rows behind me so wouldn't have been able to see anything if he had sat down 'cos most of the people in front and behind me stood for most of the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw nothing untoward. Had a couple of drinks in a pub, half Leeds/half Albion, nothing but good conversation and a lot of "when you going to get your new ground."

I did wear colours, as did most people who normally do, I think it's becoming more and more true that there is virtually no football violence at standard games.

It's the grudge matches like Leeds v Cardiff that might attract a minority of arseholes, most of whom would get slapped by their mothers if they knew what they were getting up to.

Putting this in context, there are a number of known Brighton thugs who attend away matches regularly, I've seen them on the trains, in the pubs and in the grounds but I never see them gettting into any trouble, I think it's all nostagia for them these days.

And that's a good thing as far as I'm concerend. If they have got it out of their systems then thank God. The last thing we need to do is build something up as a problem and get a new bunch of arseholes starting out as hooligans.

Peace and love to you all.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Curious Orange said:
A couple of people near me got chucked out for not sitting down though - one of them was several rows behind me so wouldn't have been able to see anything if he had sat down 'cos most of the people in front and behind me stood for most of the game.

What the?:down:

I am sure they must be on commission.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Went in Pub opposite the ground before the game, mingled, had a good time and even sung songs....no probs at all

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Me and jbl had an intersting chat with the stewards about seating. We were in the wrong place and they tried to move us to where we should have been, we refused that and said that if they did that then whoever was in our seats would have to move and it would cause confusion. He then siad we could either go and sit in the empty seats or go out (bit rude I thought).

We sat in the empty seats until half time and them moved back to where we were origianally, minus sticky out pink hat that is.

It was strange.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
No problems here. Got there early and was on the door step of the Dry Salters at 11am. Place didnt open till about 12 because they had also booked a weding reception. While we were waiting got talking to a few of the Leeds lads and all were freindly and knew about us and the current situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here