Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be wary at Leeds

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Just a note to those travelling to Leeds to be a little bit wary - a bit of a fracas occurred at a couple of pubs in Brighton after the home game involving rival Brighton and Leeds thugs. Leeds hooligans will be out for revenge and I have heard that they are likely to take a swipe at anyone including those sporting colours - so don't display your colours too prominently and be careful about where you drink!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
RickofBHAFC said:
Just a note to those travelling to Leeds to be a little bit wary - a bit of a fracas occurred at a couple of pubs in Brighton after the home game involving rival Brighton and Leeds thugs. Leeds hooligans will be out for revenge and I have heard that they are likely to take a swipe at anyone including those sporting colours - so don't display your colours too prominently and be careful about where you drink!

:shootself

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:) :) yeah , heard a lot about this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RickofBHAFC said:

Perhaps you were one of the idiots that provoked this situation ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
exactly,same as anywhere,why try scaring people,no wonder we have only sold 1500 tiks,

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Be wary in Leeds. They don't sell Harveys. :(

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll be donning the stripes, and hopefully going to meet a few people for pre match drinks.

I should think the police presence will be immence because of what happened when Leeds came down here...

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Re: Re: Be wary at Leeds

Starry said:
Same as anywhere then.

Don't know where you watch your footie, Starry, but most places I've been to this season you can walk around in colours and drink pretty much anywhere - Sunderland, Reading, Spurs, Wolves.....or perhaps I've just been lucky. I didn't even get worried at Millwall. What is it about some Leeds fans???????

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
In my experiance not only this season but other seasons, with the exception of a few clubs, you are okay with your colours showing as long as you do not act like a idiot. Never been to Elland road, but will be heading to the pub posted on here the other day. Having a few drinks then walking down to the ground like normall. If I hear of any trouble before we leave the pub I will just go to the car and get my coat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
the idea of trouble these days is sad. if and i'm sure there are idiototic prats in leeds who are still clinging onto the eighties style inter city gang mentality all i hope is their club is completely screwed by the bearded twat who now owns them, and thats all they deserve. enough said.

saying that if i can have a drink in pub without any trouble and possibly a chat with a few locals all well and good. thats how it should be.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Be wary at Leeds

balloonboy said:
Don't know where you watch your footie, Starry, but most places I've been to this season you can walk around in colours and drink pretty much anywhere - Sunderland, Reading, Spurs, Wolves.....or perhaps I've just been lucky. I didn't even get worried at Millwall. What is it about some Leeds fans???????
Joys of being a Leeds fans I guess. Everywhere we've been this season they've wanted a pop at us, be it the fans or the OB.

Just saying be careful where you do drink, certainly not anywhere on the station and you won't get in anywhere in the city centre in colours and if you do (Viaduct/Spencers etc) they will probably launch you back out a window.

So long as you don't wander around in colours shouting your mouth off you'll all be fine.

And if any of you come to the Peacock I'll stand you a pint. (Actually it'll be a can since we bring our own to the beer garden, heh!)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Re: Be wary at Leeds

Starry said:
Joys of being a Leeds fans I guess.

I'm guessing that the police weren't keeping the Chelsea fans in the ground after the game at Old trafford tonight to keep the two sets of supporters from exchanging gifts in the car park!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Kev the Ape said:
Why dont that matt just f*** off. :angry:
Bad night Kev?

sykid69

Aug 2, 2003
Hove
Im not going 2 let sum football hooligans spoil my day out! did u no that a band names kaiser chiefs wrote a song called " i predict a riot" and its about the night life in leeds saying how bad it is and saying the police dont like getting involved.. try and listen 2 it.. great song :cool:

also watch out at cardiff. they avnt got no security up there and all the chavs and thugs sit right next 2 where we stand.. and apparently have a tendency 2 throw things at away fans

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here