Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bbc 606 rumours

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Gillespie would be an unbelievable signing. He has a very unorthodox dribbling style (reminds me of Torres in the way he can turn a defender effortlessly), has an amazing shot and is a great team player. He absolutely rinsed Tommy Elphick and Lynch/AEA in the times that I saw him play. He also scored against many of the top teams last season (forest etc.). I agree that NSC is obsessed with SG at the moment but think this is a well-founded obsession! Not sure I believe it that we are going to sign him though. As said above, would forster want to bench-warm. Gillespie could be played just behind the front two though?

This Torres esq dribbler with an amazing team shot who's a great team player would cost £500k? oh he really must have an amzaing shot & Torres esq dribbling skills to score 14 goals in league one this year.

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
If we had Forster, Murray, AND Gillespie in the same team we would definitely, 100%, get promoted. There's just no way we could fail, as those three alone would outscore every team in this division. Even if Micky's turned into the worst manager in the world, Mayo plays every week, and we sign no more midfielders we'd still do it.
talk about getting a bit carried away

what about if murray was to go?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This Torres esq dribbler with an amazing team shot who's a great team player would cost £500k? oh he really must have an amzaing shot & Torres esq dribbling skills to score 14 goals in league one this year.

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

You're overlooking the fact that he scored those goals, despite playing in a SHIT team. We palyed Cheltenham five times last year and he was the best player on the pitch in at least three of those games. He really is a quality player, and if we did spend up to £500k on him I'd be very confident that we would in time make a healthy profit on that.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Nah, probably not then. I said we'd definitely get promoted if we had ALL three of them because I feel Forster and Gillepie would have the skill, pace, and vision to unlock defences and Murray would be the finisher. Without him, I don't think we'd convert an awful lot of the chances the flairmen would create. For me, keeping hold of Murray is absolutely CRUCIAL.
yer i think you are right there badger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here