Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battlefield 3 vs modern warfare 3

Did you buy battlefield 3 or modernwarfare 3? OR both?

• Total voters

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Didn't bother getting mw3 as it looked near enough exactly the same as mw2 so changed to getting battlefield 3. It's absolutely brilliant! Multiplayer is 10 times more realistic than mw3 though the number of match modes needs to improve but generally well chuffed i didn't get mw3.
Got me wondering which game (or both) people opted for.
Also who has Battlefield 3 on ps3? Need to start a nsc clan if possible :wave:

Flex Your Head

BF3 wins hands down for me - I’m addicted to Conquest in multiplayer. The depth of gameplay and the different approaches you can take are fantastic. For instance, I tackle Tehran Highway in a completely different way to, say, Caspian Border.
Also, the sheer bloody joy and exhilaration of finally getting to grips with flying a jet: awesome! I’ve not shot anyone or anything yet, but I’m getting there.

MW3 is a decent enough game, but the multiplayer really is incredibly repetitive and rather shallow - run round and shoot people before they shoot you. I LOVED World at War and Black Ops and prestiged a couple of times in both, but the format is just so similar now.

I’d recommend BF3 to anyone who’s already got a COD game – you don’t really need more of the same.
Having said that, there are parts of BF3 that annoy me, such as not being able to change your guns and stuff between rounds, but the gameplay itself is just so good that I’ll happily tolerate these minor niggles.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Love resistance 3! Story mode is quality although it's a shame it no longer has epic 60 something player team deathmatches any more.
Still haven't killed with a jet fighter on battlefield 3 but slowly getting the hang of it.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
battlefield 3 is so much better for game play graphics realism but im a addicted to cod
same for me I've not played BF3 since MW3 came out as I was getting bored of game modes on BF3. I also like the extra Survival and Special Ops modes in MW3.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
BF3 wins hands down for me - I’m addicted to Conquest in multiplayer. The depth of gameplay and the different approaches you can take are fantastic. For instance, I tackle Tehran Highway in a completely different way to, say, Caspian Border.
Also, the sheer bloody joy and exhilaration of finally getting to grips with flying a jet: awesome! I’ve not shot anyone or anything yet, but I’m getting there.

MW3 is a decent enough game, but the multiplayer really is incredibly repetitive and rather shallow - run round and shoot people before they shoot you. I LOVED World at War and Black Ops and prestiged a couple of times in both, but the format is just so similar now.

I’d recommend BF3 to anyone who’s already got a COD game – you don’t really need more of the same.
Having said that, there are parts of BF3 that annoy me, such as not being able to change your guns and stuff between rounds, but the gameplay itself is just so good that I’ll happily tolerate these minor niggles.

Yes you can you numpty, its very easy to change your class and guns that you want to use in that class during a round. You must not be aware of how to do it, but it is very simple.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
It's actually less restrictive than COD - you can change equipment set ups before spawns rather than inbetween rounds.

Anyway, Ive just got BF3. I'm done with COD now, I bought the last 3 games and I'm fed up with buying more of the same.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yes you can you numpty, its very easy to change your class and guns that you want to use in that class during a round. You must not be aware of how to do it, but it is very simple.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, I'm always changing my load out & weapons depending on what's going on mid-game.... If someone keeps doing me with a chopper I'll switch gear (during a respawn) & use a surface to air missile. It's what BF is all about

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Bf3 all the way for me, so much more variety than COD, I prefer the tighter maps though like Metro, Grand Bazaar and Seine crossing.
I'm on on ps3 aswell so let me know if you get that NSC clan going

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Level 45 in BF3 already (sadly), very nearly got the Platinum Trophy as well. Won't stop me coming back though.

can you explain this in more detail?

what is a platinum trophey?

why do some people have wings at different levels? do you 'prestige' like you do in COD?

Flex Your Head

No, numpty, read what I said...

there are parts of BF3 that annoy me, such as not being able to change your guns and stuff between rounds

I find it frustrating that you unlock a new weapon or piece of equipment at the end of a round and then have to sit there and wait until the next round begins before you can amend your load-out. I prefer COD where you can go and change and select load-outs between rounds. BF3 triumphs in every other respect though.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
One of my few gripes about bf3 is that you have to leave a match/lobby in order to add/change things like supressers, laser sights or rocket launchers etc. It sounds amazing though when you crank up the volume! Also luvin the gagdets! :guns:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No, numpty, read what I said...

there are parts of BF3 that annoy me, such as not being able to change your guns and stuff between rounds

I find it frustrating that you unlock a new weapon or piece of equipment at the end of a round and then have to sit there and wait until the next round begins before you can amend your load-out. I prefer COD where you can go and change and select load-outs between rounds. BF3 triumphs in every other respect though.

I take your point, although between Rush and Conquest games, you should have more than enough time to change it round.

What i dont like about BF3 is lack of gun stats compared to Bad Company 2, i would quite like to know how many kills i have got with each gun, so i could concentrate on that to get a silver star etc. BC2 used to give you that info BF3 does not and I miss that.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
can you explain this in more detail?

what is a platinum trophey?

why do some people have wings at different levels? do you 'prestige' like you do in COD?

Once you have reached level 45 you get the wings badge, every time you level up after that you get +1 on your wings. So technically the highest rank you can achieve in the game is 145.

Platinum trophy is what you get on PS3 if you unlock every other trophy in the game (known as achievements on Xbox)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here