Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battlefield 3 vs modern warfare 3

Did you buy battlefield 3 or modernwarfare 3? OR both?

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Once you have reached level 45 you get the wings badge, every time you level up after that you get +1 on your wings. So technically the highest rank you can achieve in the game is 145.

Platinum trophy is what you get on PS3 if you unlock every other trophy in the game (known as achievements on Xbox)

Good News, im a pointless level 34 currently, but my PS3 has broke, its been killing me. so i have brought a new one just to play battlefield.

whats your favourite weapon, I currently love the F2000 hated it on Bad Company 2 strangley.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
One of my few gripes about bf3 is that you have to leave a match/lobby in order to add/change things like supressers, laser sights or rocket launchers etc. It sounds amazing though when you crank up the volume! Also luvin the gagdets! :guns:

I thought you could just edit your load out between spawns mate (might be wrong)

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Well I love BF3 multiplayer and i love the variety in CODMW3, which to chose, there's only one way to find out - FIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTT!

If I want a challenge then I opt for BF3, If I just want to run around like a loon fragging all in sight I go for CODMW3. I like both for different reasons.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
I thought you could just edit your load out between spawns mate (might be wrong)

You're right but you can't edit your specific guns with unlocks unless you back out of a match/lobby. You got bf3 on ps3 or xbox? I am properly addicted to it lol. The graphics and sounds are so realistic it's easy to lose yourself in the matches.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Good News, im a pointless level 34 currently, but my PS3 has broke, its been killing me. so i have brought a new one just to play battlefield.

whats your favourite weapon, I currently love the F2000 hated it on Bad Company 2 strangley.

Can't remember what level you get it (across all kits), but the P90 with a red dot sight rarely loses in a 1 on 1 situation. It's shit at long range, but then so am I. I think you get it at level 40. Scoped 44. Magnum at level 45 is a bit of a beast of a sidearm.

Undoubtably the best Vehicle upgrade is the Heat Vision on the tank/IFV. You don't even need to bother looking for enemies, and even if they're hiding in cover you can spot them. The Scout Helicopters have to be the most fun in the game though.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Didn't bother getting mw3 as it looked near enough exactly the same as mw2 so changed to getting battlefield 3. It's absolutely brilliant! Multiplayer is 10 times more realistic than mw3 though the number of match modes needs to improve but generally well chuffed i didn't get mw3.
Got me wondering which game (or both) people opted for.
Also who has Battlefield 3 on ps3? Need to start a nsc clan if possible :wave:

Battlefield 3 is fcuking brilliant, no school kids

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
One of my few gripes about bf3 is that you have to leave a match/lobby in order to add/change things like supressers, laser sights or rocket launchers etc. It sounds amazing though when you crank up the volume! Also luvin the gagdets! :guns:

No you don't!! :facepalm:

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Have to be honest and say I haven't played MW3 yet, but I'm pretty hooked on BF3 right now and the game is absolute mustard.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Got MW3 about 10 days ago, gonna trade it in soon for BF3 as I'm bored of it

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
You're right but you can't edit your specific guns with unlocks unless you back out of a match/lobby. You got bf3 on ps3 or xbox? I am properly addicted to it lol. The graphics and sounds are so realistic it's easy to lose yourself in the matches.

I'm on xbox mate.
I really don't understand how mw3 is edging this poll at the moment..... Churning out the same old stuff time & time again, they must be rubbing their hands together because from what I've seen the multiplayer offers nothing that couldn't be sold as downloadable content which would presumably be a fair bit cheaper, all they've done is added a 3-5 hour campaign & everyone is happy to spend the best part of 50 quid AGAIN

Flex Your Head

I've had my Xbox Live account hacked. It happened on Sunday after I'd been playing Battlefield 3 on Saturday night. BF3 is an EA game and it seems that there is a big problem with accounts being hacked via EA somehow.

The hacker has spent £85 (2 x £42.50 - 5,000 Microsoft Points) and downloaded Madden 2011 and Madden 2012.

XBox Live / EA accounts hacked - MS Points spent by hackers on FIFA Soccer DLC - Ars Technica OpenForum

Try Googling 'Xbox live hacked' for more info and be careful out there!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I must be doing something wrong, I've been a COD fan but thought I'd give BF3 a shot. Really not getting on with it, seems impossible to kill any enemies!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I take your point, although between Rush and Conquest games, you should have more than enough time to change it round.

What i dont like about BF3 is lack of gun stats compared to Bad Company 2, i would quite like to know how many kills i have got with each gun, so i could concentrate on that to get a silver star etc. BC2 used to give you that info BF3 does not and I miss that.

It's all on the website, or atleast it is for the PC version.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here