Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battlefield 3 vs modern warfare 3

Did you buy battlefield 3 or modernwarfare 3? OR both?

• Total voters

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Its a very different game to CoD. Also when you spot someone hit select if you didn't know that yet? It spots the enemy for your team. Also do it with vehicles

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I am a Battlefield nut. Loved BF2 and BFBC2 just for the multiplayer maps. I knew i would have to build a new PC if i wanted to play BF3 because my old unit wasnt up to Directx 11. So i did. Spent £800 on a new build, got BF3 for crimbo played it and fooking hated it.
I was so pissed off. I am quite good when it comes to online shooters, but i was getting my arse shot off as soon as i spawned, couldnt see any fucker, but just kept getting killed. The first thing i did was to get rid of the motion blur in the settings plus i dropped some of the other graphic settings like shadows and all that crap, its just eye candy and it felt so much better. After a week of playing i LOVE IT. Holding my own now. I would say to anyone that is struggling is to pick a map and get to know it. Even run around on your own for a bit to get to know it. I have been playing Back to Karkand and Siene Crossing and its brill. As you get better you unlock better weapons and sights and stuff which makes a huge difference.
Plus i nearly always play on Infantry only servers. An important thing is to not respawn in the thick of a scrap. Go to a point that is away from all the aggro. It will give you time to settle.

Stick with it and once you start getting better weapons it gets easier. It would be great to get NSC clan going. Be a right laugh.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Well I love BF3 multiplayer and i love the variety in CODMW3, which to chose, there's only one way to find out - FIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTT!

If I want a challenge then I opt for BF3, If I just want to run around like a loon fragging all in sight I go for CODMW3. I like both for different reasons.

Whats your clan name, are you ps2 or xbox

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Was determined to get bf this year but then saw cod and got it. I love the new survival mode it's brilliant.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Loving battlefield tho am far from good at fps games.

One question. How do you get to use vehicles online. Do you spawn in one automatically or what.

Am confused

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Ok anyone who needs help with BF3?? There are some REALLY IMPORTANT things online.

Squads a
Vehicles always spwan in the same place btw

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Ok anyone who needs help with BF3?? There are some REALLY IMPORTANT things online.

Squads a
Vehicles always spwan in the same place btw

Right so it spawns and you jump
In. Got it.

Which maps have planes then as not encountered one yet.

I really am an ultra noob at bf3

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
This poll needed a "neither" option! Honestly, I got tired of these sort of games years ago, there are so many more interesting and varied genres out there that I don't really understand why people keep playing what might as well be corridor shooters.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Right so it spawns and you jump
In. Got it.

Which maps have planes then as not encountered one yet.

I really am an ultra noob at bf3

If you've never played it, then the game appears difficult. What are you playing on Ps3, xbox, pc?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This poll needed a "neither" option! Honestly, I got tired of these sort of games years ago, there are so many more interesting and varied genres out there that I don't really understand why people keep playing what might as well be corridor shooters.

BF3 is far from a corridor shooter. It's open and varied and gives you almost total freedom to contribute in whatever way you want.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Why "corridor shooters" ?
& what's wrong with newer & different versions of the same genres ?
We'd soon run out, are you saying they should also stop making racing games or football games ?
In fact are you just talking about games ? That's like saying it's pointless listening to a certain genre of music or watching a certain genre of film because there are many more.
It don't make sense, if you're a fan of a genre then you're fan of a genre..... If you're not then dont worry about it.... Simple really

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Didn't bother getting mw3 as it looked near enough exactly the same as mw2 so changed to getting battlefield 3. It's absolutely brilliant! Multiplayer is 10 times more realistic than mw3 though the number of match modes needs to improve but generally well chuffed i didn't get mw3.
Got me wondering which game (or both) people opted for.
Also who has Battlefield 3 on ps3? Need to start a nsc clan if possible :wave:
Would Battlefield 3 be suitable for a 10 year old ( 11 in April) ?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Would Battlefield 3 be suitable for a 10 year old ( 11 in April) ?
My 10 year old plays it mate, I can see a can of worms being opened here but I really don't think it'll make him go out & start mowing people down with an ak47 :p

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
[MENTION=19187]tezz79[/MENTION]: you're quite right, mostly, and I was being a bit of a dick in that post- although for clarity, I was talking about contemporary war-themed shooters, not games in general, which I'm a massive fan of. I was talking about the single-player campaigns and I know most people don't play them like that. It's just that, as a gamer for nearly 30 years, I find those particular games massively tiresome. I'm in a minority, sure, but it's a pretty large minority: MW3 and BF3 seem spectacularly pointless to me in a year which has given us Arkham City, Deus Ex Human Revolution, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, LA Noire and that's without even considering the great stuff that's come out of the indie scene this year. I'm not the biggest fan of first-person shooters, but I understand some people like to stick to one genre: I just think MW3 and BF3 are particularly uninspired examples of FPSes when there's stuff like Rage, Borderlands, Killzone 3 or Bulletstorm out there.

I guess I see it a bit like people who'll only read books by Andy McNab. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that as such, it's just a bit of a shame when there's so much better stuff out there. I realise I was hitting out at a straw man there and nobody in this thread actually expressed the opinion I was arguing against. Like I said, guess I was just being a bit of knob that day- apologies all round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here