Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battipiedi in DS team v QPR TODAY

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Only 23. Obviously keen. Everyone deserves another chance. I like that we're nice enough to give him one.

If we really are giving him a chance based on a likelihood of him showing some potential to sign and play in the first team then I agree.

However if not then it must be extremely frustrating for those contracted players that are keen to be given a similar support to show what they can do.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Potential to sell him on to Palace ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No JFC in there. Wonder if he'll be on the bench tonight?

He has certainly been in the first team squad since coming back on loan

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No idea what happened from 0-0 at 70mins to 83.....

83: GOAL! What a strike! George Barker's dipping effort loops over Lennox to give Albion lead. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 2

85: GOAL! Dickenson breaks through and prods home. What a turnaround by Albion. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 3

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

83: GOAL! What a strike! George Barker's dipping effort loops over Lennox to give Albion lead. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 2

85: GOAL! Dickenson breaks through and prods home. What a turnaround by Albion. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 3
Maybe the Dev squad did what the first team can't do at present, and won a game from 1-0 down?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The missing tweets have just appeared

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
81: GOAL! March strips the ball off Ehmer on edge of area, breaks onto area before low shot past Lennox. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 1

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
61: Goodwin replaced by Dickenson for Albion. #QPR 0 #BHAFC 0

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
76: GOAL! QPR break the deadlock. Substitute Fitzpatrick finds space in the area and unleashes powerful drive past Smith. #QPR 1 #BHAFC 0

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rather give the lads we hope will make the first team a chance. Letting him train with them is one thing :) Letting him play seems odd

- - - Updated - - -

Rather give the lads we hope will make the first team a chance. Letting him train with them is one thing :) Letting him play seems odd

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
According to todays Argus we've signed him on a deal until the end of the season.

Reading between the lines I suspect its to bolster numbers in the dev squad and perhaps help him keep fit and find another club.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
According to todays Argus we've signed him on a deal until the end of the season.

Reading between the lines I suspect its to bolster numbers in the dev squad and perhaps help him keep fit and find another club.

I can only assume that is not the reason.

It shouldnt be for the club to pay a player, to get fit and find another club, if no fee is involved.

That is for any prospective club to spend money on him, the Dev squad is to offer opportunity and experience for contracted players to advance for BHA.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I can only assume that is not the reason.

It shouldnt be for the club to pay a player, to get fit and find another club, if no fee is involved.

That is for any prospective club to spend money on him, the Dev squad is to offer opportunity and experience for contracted players to advance for BHA.

Agreed again.

This all seems rather strange.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
had a cruciate ligament injury anf went back to Argentina for treatment. Today is a crucial step in his return from that injury.
Some people are very critical of his performances - in reality he wasnt far off making the grade and let us not forhet he taught Adam el Abd all his dirty tricks :lol:

Added to the fact that a) he was just a kid when he signed for us; b) he was brand new to English footy; and c) he happened to join at a time when we were at our most successful so found starting an irregularity at best...

That said, when he did get his chance, he was poor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps he has trained with us and shown more promise than when he was here last time and Gus/Tanno are hedging their best as whether he will make the grade and he is on a low wage so as not to hurt the budget. Do we get assistance with wages for DS squad from PFA or anybody else, like the old YTS scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here