Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Batley & Spen by-election

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Be careful with using the 'voice of truth/reason' type tag. I often oppose your political views but you are a good debate. I can't abide folk having an absolute and intransigent view on things though.

I opposed Brexit, and still think it will lead to a more insular society with an increasing danger of intolerance.

But I'm also mindful I could be talking a load of shit.
Unfortunately, there is no tongue in cheek emoji so people could perhaps be forgiven for not realising that most of my more contentious posts are all about challenging the absolute righteous certainty of others (progressive/liberal/left) opinions rather than pretending I know everything. I am sure after sharing a pint, we would agree on 90% of the shortcomings of the current government but where's the fun in adding one more slag off HMG/Boris opinion on NSC? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unfortunately, there is no tongue in cheek emoji so people could perhaps be forgiven for not realising that most of my more contentious posts are all about challenging the absolute righteous certainty of others (progressive/liberal/left) opinions rather than pretending I know everything. I am sure after sharing a pint, we would agree on 90% of the shortcomings of the current government but where's the fun in adding one more slag off HMG/Boris opinion on NSC? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Well, this is true. There are probably only a handful of NScers I don't think I would enjoy the company of on a night out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess it depends on what side of the fence you sit but Farage was/is a good Orator , talking shit but doing it in a convincing way , persuading people that our problems lie with European workers and his politics hit mainstream politics. Galloway could easily follow the same route , form a party to compete nation wide and split the Labour vote . All good if you are on the right of the Tory party but no good if you are a centrist (centralist?) who feel extreme politics are no good for the man in the street.

Galloway's 66, Farage was in his 30's and 40's when he did the heavy lifting of EU scepticism.

Fagare cornered the market, with some fringe Tory MP's, of the growing millions disaffected with growing EU integration and Blair opening the immigration doors in 1997 and especially in 2004.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/mar/24/how-immigration-came-to-haunt-labour-inside-story

Huge gaffs made by arrrogant Labour and Tory leaders and MP's. Now we pay the price.

But it was a single issue one-off.

Galloway's going nowhere imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here