Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas savage will leave & I for one am glad

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
One good thing is that I'm glad Alex will get more of a look in.

on the evidence of earlier in the season, him and forster didnt really work too well - however, if we are going to play this silly long ball game, then at least with revell we will have a striker who can win a decent amount of headers, if do nothing else

we will definently need to replace savage though - wilkins hasnt made a bad signing in a while, so hopefully he can get someone in

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well if you're telling me Alex Revell can take Bas' place and keep us in the play-off hunt, then I'm going to suggest Joe Gatting can do the same.

I personally think that Revell for all his effort has struggled to kick on from his good start less season.

However Baz this season has not had a huge impact and the way you attempted to London Irish the other poster was not really on.

Regarding Gatting, well I think he is one of the better 6 yard box players we have, just the rest of his game is not up to much, at present.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Savage has not been very good each time i have seen him, he was woefull today.

He will not be a big miss Revell is a better player as he can do basic things like control the ball

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
To be fair, it's not todays evidence that's important. If he knows he's off, which seemingly he does, then he's not going to make much of an impact in a game five days before his deal expires.

Or, on the other hand; he seems to reckon he's worth more than we're offering him ... should he not be proving it out there? If he thinks he deserves what he's asking for, he needs to be showing himself to be indispensable. He certainly wasn't that today, nor has he been on the handful of occasions I've seen him. I can't really see that he offers more than Revell.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's pretty obvious we won't sign a replacement for Bas, and it will end up with Revell or Gatting replacing him - neither of whom have any sort of record in front of goal.

After today's shockingly dire performance I fear that a repeat of the Christmas scenario from last season may well happen, when we fell away. If there is indeed a bit of unrest in the camp and with the loan periods of Richards, O'Callaghan, and Martot expiring I reckon we may well have a mediocre second half to the season. If we can stay in the top half until the end of the season though I'll be pretty happy. With how I feel tonight I'm just glad I can't make it to Yeovil on Saturday.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Is it Dick Knight's chequebook or is it the Blooms? I thought I read somewhere that they were bankrolling the club.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is it Dick Knight's chequebook or is it the Blooms? I thought I read somewhere that they were bankrolling the club.

I didn,t realise Dick Knight ever had a cheque book...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here