Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas savage will leave & I for one am glad

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
My mate rang me earlier & he was out last saturday in oceana's in Brighton and told me most of the team were out getting pissed and having a laugh.

He spoke to Tommy Fraser and said he was quality and a real nice lad and had a few conversations with a few other players.

Anyway Bas comes along and my mate after a couple of beers got some courage and went up to him and asked as you do for him to do the famous moonwalk, Bas refused....fair play....how many people must ask that of him........anyways my mate went onto to talk about him signing a contract and bas reply was..."When dick gets his cheque book out and sorts me a good deal"

My mate wouldnt lie he aint that type and I believe thats whats Bas said....we have given him a decent contrcat offer according to Knight...it might not be aslon as Bas wants and yes we proberly would et rid of him if we were to go up anytime soon...but Bas is no Championship player and he should know that and Im not saying that Bas shouldnt get the best deal he can for himself.......but I think he will go and if thats his attitude towards a club who gave him a decent chanc compared to other clubs then he can go........an play at some tin pot outfit like yeovil or brizzle rovers.

Why would any player, want to discuss his new contract in the middle of a nightclub. Come on get real, he was there to enjoy himself. Not get random strangers come up to him, and ask him to do the f***ing moonwalk and contract negotiations.....

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Two 30 year old ex Premier players would be fine,but Knight would only offer
Minimum rates,so if we sign anybody at all its likely to be a 35 yr old with fitness problems or a 19 yr old who has already been loaned out several times and is desperate to find a club.
Several clubs including QPR are being taken over, we would have been a better option,however the Chairman has to declare he will stand down,come on Dick, make our day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Minimum rates,so if we sign anybody at all its likely to be a 35 yr old with fitness problems or a 19 yr old who has already been loaned out several times and is desperate to find a club.
Several clubs including QPR are being taken over, we would have been a better option,however the Chairman has to declare he will stand down,come on Dick, make our day.

Important to stick to the wage structure, don't you think? See Luton Town etc.

I think it is only sensible to keep things the way they are, certainly until bricks are being laid at Falmer. The current board have been involved in all stages of the stadium process and it would be churlish to change things around now. That would only lead to further delays! He is actively seeking investment and we will have to bide our time. QPR are a far more attractive proposition than us, simply because they have a stadium and they are based in London.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bas Savage isnt very good.

He has been very very lucky while he has been here, and there are better players around than him, players that know what they are doing rather than bundling through with the ball bouncing of him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Looking at a club like QPR for players is what the club should be doing, if the Transfer rumours are true there are going to b a lot of semi decent players from QPR looking for a new club.

NSC does offer such encouragement to players, with everyone showing fierce loyalty for settled players who are of use to the squad.
Is there a player of whom we have yet to say; "to be honest, I for one couldn't care if he stays or goes, he won't be missed" ??

Howsabout a nice "he's shit, get rid" thread for Nick Forster, FDM (it has been a while), Elphick, Whing, and whoever else doesn't get enough abuse?

"Thank heaven Peter Ward was sold off, he was SHITE, and take that Lawrenson gimp and don't let the door bang you on the arse"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There are some right MUGS on here - if you don't think we'll miss Savage then you are CLUELESS. He kept us up last season, he's scored goals this season, he causes problems with his erraticness and he brings the best out of Forster.

I'll be sad to see him go

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There are some right MUGS on here - if you don't think we'll miss Savage then you are CLUELESS. He kept us up last season, he's scored goals this season, he causes problems with his erraticness and he brings the best out of Forster.

I'll be sad to see him go

Agreed 100%.

:clap2::clap2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Could be a case of brinkmanship on the part of Savage/agent.

I hope Bas stays, at least until the end of the season and next if we remain in League One.

But, I trust DK holds firm in this situation as he did with with Bertin.

Time will tell. :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bas is a journeyman at best.

Look at his stats on wikipedia - TWO senior goals in total before he joined the Albion. In about 50 or 60 appearances. Shockingly poor stats for a striker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bas_Savage

Bas owes the Albion a helluva lot more than the Albion owes Bas.

Maybe Bas - and his agent - would do well to remember that form is temporary but class is permanent. Then he should be a bit worried...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
After Bas' lack of effort today perhaps he should go. Barely heard him mentioned all afternoon.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Look at his stats on wikipedia - TWO senior goals in total before he joined the Albion. In about 50 or 60 appearances. Shockingly poor stats for a striker.

Maybe Bas - and his agent - would do well to remember that form is temporary but class is permanent. Then he should be a bit worried...

Why look at his previous club stats to make him look bad. Why not use the stats that are relavant to this arguement ie his stats for Albion, as prev mentioned , kept us up , 1 in 3 and Forster more complete player with him

No brainer

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

At his previous clubs he hasn't in the team to score goals. He was a midfielder or winger. I grant you that is still a small tally for a player from eithe rof those positions but I think you're being a little harsh on him here.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So what now, Robinson, Revell or Gatting?... Of which I doubt all 3 of them put together would make double figures this season?... Great... Plus Forster only seems to fire playing with Bas... The only was is down from here IMHO.

xx

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So what now, Robinson, Revell or Gatting?... Of which I doubt all 3 of them put together would make double figures this season?... Great... Plus Forster only seems to fire playing with Bas... The only was is down from here IMHO.

xx

I disagree. Bas is a decent player but is definitely not irreplaceable. I think that he is making a massive mistake and will not be the same player at another club. We have turned his career around and his attitude is a disgrace and proves there is no loyalty in football.

I am confident that Wilkins will find a perfectly good, if not better, replacement. Remember who has scored all our goals this season. Losing Forster would be a far greater blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here