Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars - Haywards Heath

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes, I do.

Evo/OS = Rancid. If I had a pound for all the pints I have taken back in there, I could build Falmer 10 times over.

Bar Boo - As above, maybe even a little flatter.

Savannah - Do they have anything else worth having apart from Asahi?

But you haven't considered the strong competition from the Burrell or the Duck.....:jester:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Yes, I do.

Evo/OS = Rancid. If I had a pound for all the pints I have taken back in there, I could build Falmer 10 times over.

Whilst I don't disagree with your assessment of the bars on The Broadway, the hostelries of Haywards Heath are not confined to one road.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i work in Savannah, i think the women in there are pretty decent at times, we have a couple of good beers on tap and lots of decent bottled beer available by the bottle. HH is nice for a local night out, never going to be as good as Brighton but certainly a lot less chavy than other local towns such as Burgess Hill or Crawley.

Scanny

i work in Savannah, i think the women in there are pretty decent at times, we have a couple of good beers on tap and lots of decent bottled beer available by the bottle. HH is nice for a local night out, never going to be as good as Brighton but certainly a lot less chavy than other local towns such as Burgess Hill or Crawley.

Thank you for your assessment Father Jack.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What's it like in there these days?
I worked there in 1995/96, was trying to remember the name of the landlord but my mind has gone blank.

S'alright.
Although since IPA took it over, they seem to be a bit light on staff (they're advertising on the door for bar staff). It took me over FOUR MINUTES to get served today as there was only one bloke behind the bar. And he dropped my change. OK, I was distracted by the Sky Sports new report banner, but surely it was his RESPONSIBILITY to make sure the coins were firmly in my grasp before releasing them. Half went on the floor, half scattered on the bar and dropped back on his side.

No beer mats either. But its STILL better than those shithouse wine bars as far as I'm concerned.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
but certainly a lot less chavy than other local towns such as Burgess Hill or Crawley.
And that's the problem with Haywards Heath, everyone's got a chip on thier shoulder and thinks their better than they are. My last outing was orange square on christmas eve, the amount of stripy shirts and chinos was embarrassing, to top it off all the blokes were strolling round like billy big bollocks, some twat walked into me and spilled my drink and didn't even apologise. I left after two drinks because I was with the bird and didn't want to get in a row with her around.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have said it before and I 'll say it again Haywards Heath is the poor mans Burgess Hill and Burgess Hill is the poverty stricken welfare version of Brighton and Hove

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told that The Eagle in HH has gone up market from when it was a drug infested hole. Anybody been in there and can confirm this Does it sell proper beer, or is it just Lager and Harveys.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmmm, I was there from 1-3 today, who were you ?. Not the really fat fooker eating cheesy chips outside I hope ?

No. I was the fat fooker inside drinking beater, chatting to a bloke in glasses and watching SSN.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Yes, I do.

I actually don't mind the beer in Savannah :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here