Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars - Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pasty said:
To be honest, to this day I still don't know why I went to school in Crawley. Holy Trinity was a brand new CofE school when my sister went, then my brother went, so then I went. I'm talking mid-seventies here.
:shrug:

We must be similar in age. The schools in HH were/are fairly good.

The schools in Crawley are massive now. Not sure about Trinity.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Buzz said:
We must be similar in age. The schools in HH were/are fairly good.

The schools in Crawley are massive now. Not sure about Trinity.

I'm 42. I don't think my mum wanted me to go Oathall which was my nearest school, because all those rough boys from Bentswood went there.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pasty said:
I'm 42. I don't think my mum wanted me to go Oathall which was my nearest school, because all those rough boys from Bentswood went there.

I went to the Grammar school. We didn't get on too well with Oathall (or Scrase Bridge as it ws known). I had a paper round in Bentswood - which was nice!:)

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
pasty said:

There's nothing wrong with Bentswood :angry: :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Grendel said:
There's nothing wrong with Bentswood :angry: :)

Your right there isn't.

Except my paper round always made me late for school. It was too far away!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bentswood - 'dodge city' :lolol:

Easy10, and anyone else who's moaning. Yes, the bars/pubs in Haywards Heath are shit.

THAT is why Lindfield exists. A twenty-five minute walk from the Broadway admittedly, but worth it.

You CANNOT go wrong with the Stand Up Inn. It is wonderful. Majestic. Glorious.

Roll on the bank holiday weekend. BEER FESTIVAL:drink: :clap2: :drink:

edit: No offence Grendel/Retro shirt man:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Withdean Wanderer said:
Easy10, and anyone else who's moaning. Yes, the bars/pubs in Haywards Heath are shit.

THAT is why Lindfield exists. A twenty-five minute walk from the Broadway admittedly, but worth it.
But in fairness, not much use in a lunch hour.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Withdean Wanderer said:
Bentswood - 'dodge city' :lolol:

You CANNOT go wrong with the Stand Up Inn. It is wonderful. Majestic. Glorious.

Roll on the bank holiday weekend. BEER FESTIVAL:drink: :clap2: :drink:

edit: No offence Grendel/Retro shirt man:)

:lolol:

I completely agree with you. As I said earlier in this thread, I've got no great love for Haywards Heath and especially not The Broadway.

The Stand Up beer fest should be a cracker, I'll definitely be wandering over there for a few jars.

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
I have a couple of mates in HH, been there twice for meals in the last year.

We fancied a beer after both times, but both times were refused entry to every bar for the reason that one of the lads was wearing white trainers and then I was wearing flip flops!!.

No great shame the place appeared to be full of "townies".

We got on the train back to the mother land and found refuse in the Battle of Trafalgar, where they surprisingly didn't look at our footwear as we entered. We decided that we preferred Brighton town and we would not choose to go Drinking in HH drinking again....ever. :drink:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
hove born&bred said:
Haywards Heath Haywards Heath this is Haywards Heath alight here if you can't afford to live in Burgess Hill alight there if you can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove.:lolol:

Well that's aload of bollocks for a start

My dad has just been offered 2 million quid (FACT) for his house in the centre of Haywards Heath.....no-where in Buggers Hole has quality houses that HH has to offer (some of the ones on Oathall Road and Lewes Roads are monsters)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
They got rid of louies?

???
Yup.
Now I have to use "Fine Baps" opposite, which is nowhere NEAR as good, and now has queues twice as long cos its the only deli in the street.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Easy 10 said:
You have my deepest sympathy, and thanks for the sudden dose of perspective.

OK, HH is a poxy little town that thinks its better than it is, but Crawley is a grim, depressing, scum-infested grief hole that should really have been napalmed 25 years ago so they could at least start again with it.
It isn't that bad !!! Parts of it are quite nice. I do have to say there are a lot of chavs though :lolol:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Am I right in thinking the Burrell is that shite hole right by the Station?

If so, I remember having a drink in there a few years ago, and the oldest person apart from must have been around 15. All drinking Hooch, or whatever the Alco-pop was at the time.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

My dad has just been offered 2 million quid (FACT) for his house in the centre of Haywards Heath.....no-where in Buggers Hole has quality houses that HH has to offer (some of the ones on Oathall Road and Lewes Roads are monsters)
Well that's a load of bollocks for a start

Keymer road, Alexandra road and Folders lane all have massive houses. Overall though, I would've thought Haywards shades it in the nice house stakes

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Christ, what road does he live in?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Easy 10 said:
I don't do wine bars.

I remember during the 2002 World Cup going into Orange Square to watch an Ireland World Cup match live one lunchtime, as they had a couple of maHOOsive f***-off plasmas in there. On arrival, the plasmas had their BAR MENU on display (despite the fact that the menus were also on the tables).

"Any chance of putting the Ireland game on the big screen mate ?"
"No. The TV is showing the menus"
"Yeah but the menus on the tables anyway"
"No."
"Poke it up yer arse then"

Thats the last time I went in there.

ive had very simalar conversations in there,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here