Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars - Haywards Heath

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Wookiee said:
It will be a pleasent establishment where you can enjoy a bite to eat with a drink in surroundings that are classy but not pretentious !
Yeah, but where am I going to get a hot pork BAP at lunchtime now, eh ?

EH ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
Yeah, but where am I going to get a hot pork BAP at lunchtime now, eh ?

EH ?

If thats what is in demand then have a word with the gaffer and I'm sure he will get you one !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Grendel said:
The Eagle in its heyday were the places to go for a fight.

The Eagle used to be my local (lived in Boston road). Great pub. It's heyday surely was when it was The Pilgrim.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
pasty said:
The Eagle used to be my local (lived in Boston road). Great pub. It's heyday surely was when it was The Pilgrim.

Yeh, not much going on in there now though. Only five people in there last Saturday and they don't seem to open both bars much any more.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Wookiee said:
The owners of the bar are TRUE Albion fans with a very good reputation in the Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath area:clap:

For all those who have sampled the culinary delights of The Cottage Bakery will know what I mean :drink:

We are talking Roddy here aren't we? Is his brother Rory involved in the wine bar as well?

I used to travel on their coaches to away games back in the 70s/80s. They are Albion through and through.

Used to have a laugh on those coach trips. Apart from the time West Ham fans smashed (3 of) them up at Scratchwood sevices on a last day of the season trip to Chesterfield.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Wookiee said:
If thats what is in demand then have a word with the gaffer and I'm sure he will get you one !
I don't do wine bars.

I remember during the 2002 World Cup going into Orange Square to watch an Ireland World Cup match live one lunchtime, as they had a couple of maHOOsive f***-off plasmas in there. On arrival, the plasmas had their BAR MENU on display (despite the fact that the menus were also on the tables).

"Any chance of putting the Ireland game on the big screen mate ?"
"No. The TV is showing the menus"
"Yeah but the menus on the tables anyway"
"No."
"Poke it up yer arse then"

Thats the last time I went in there.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Easy 10 said:
Well, you've got the Burrell if you fancy a fight at lunchtime. Or the Star if you want to choke to death on smoke.

I always pick the Star, and will have my usual couple of Friday lunchtime BEATERS there tomorrow (helps me snooze through the afternoon). There's a couple of semi-presentable barmaids in there as well, and I like the way they have to stretch up to get the pint glasses from the shelf above the bar. One of them has fantastic boobies.

the burrell looks rought, but that always seems to be the way with old pubs that are next to train station !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10 said:
Yes.
Yes there is.
Wish I still worked in Brighton. Working in an office in the Lanes was ACE. Fantastic choice of pubs and bars, and I could decide to get RATTED after work, leave the car in Hove and get a bus home piece of piss.

Haywards Heath sucks the BIG one.

You should count yourself lucky. Some of us have to work in Crawley!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buzz said:
You should count yourself lucky. Some of us have to work in Crawley!
You have my deepest sympathy, and thanks for the sudden dose of perspective.

OK, HH is a poxy little town that thinks its better than it is, but Crawley is a grim, depressing, scum-infested grief hole that should really have been napalmed 25 years ago so they could at least start again with it.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Buzz said:
We are talking Roddy here aren't we? Is his brother Rory involved in the wine bar as well?

Not sure Rory is involved but his two nephews from Hove are :clap:

Good luck to them all :clap:

This whole family are BRIGHTON through anf through and deserve all the support they can get in this new venture.

So whatever your views are Easy 10 at least give them a chance before slagging something off before you have even tried it !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
hove born&bred said:
Haywards Heath Haywards Heath this is Haywards Heath alight here if you can't afford to live in Burgess Hill alight there if you can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove.:lolol:

Just out of interest Mr HB&b how large is your palatial property in Brighton? 3, 4 or 5 rooms? or is it a flat?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
You have my deepest sympathy, and thanks for the sudden does of perspective.

OK, HH is a poxy little town that thinks its better than it is, but Crawley is a grim, depressing, scum-infested grief hole that should really have been napalmed 25 years ago so they could at least start again with it.

Well you think you have it tough! As a kid, I lived in Haywards Heath and had to go to school in Crawley. Both towns - every day for 6 years !!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Wookiee said:
Not sure Rory is involved but his two nephews from Hove are :clap:

Good luck to them all :clap:

This whole family are BRIGHTON through anf through and deserve all the support they can get in this new venture.

So whatever your views are Easy 10 at least give them a chance before slagging something off before you have even tried it !

I agree with Wookie. You will get on with them Easy!:drink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pasty said:
Well you think you have it tough! As a kid, I lived in Haywards Heath and had to go to school in Crawley. Both towns - every day for 6 years !!

Couldn't you get into the Haywards Heath schools?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Wookiee said:
If they are Albion fans then I wish them well in their venture. But if its a wine bar, I will not be making use of their facililties I'm afraid. Its not so much the bar itself, its the people those places attract.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Easy 10 said:
f***ing RIDICULOUS
As if there's not ENOUGH poncy bars down that street already. Orange Square, Bar BOO (jesus), Prezzo, Evolution, some other place next to the hoover repair shop I can't remember the name of...what a load of shit.

And that place next to Orange Square where they're building the new one was a bloody good deli as well. I used to get a lovely hot roast pork BAP with stuffing in there every now and then at lunchtime. Now its just going to be another soulless chrome & glass wine bar monstrosity that'll attract the prawn sarnie poseurs like flies to shit.

I'll stick to my lunchtime pint in the STAR thank you. So what if there's sawdust in the beer and you wipe your feet on the way OUT. At least you're not surrounded by a load of Ray-Ban posing PONCES gabbling into their £350 mobile phones.

:clap:

i got booted out of bar poo for wearing flip flops once

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
If they are Albion fans then I wish them well in their venture. But if its a wine bar, I will not be making use of their facililties I'm afraid. Its not so much the bar itself, its the people those places attract.

Granted its not a good old fashioned pub, but the major selling point will be the food.

The owners have the brand in the area. THE COTTAGE BAKERY that in itself will attract the right sort of people.

I am sure they wont risk the reputation of an already thriving respectable local business by turning Bar Savannah into a Chavvy Wine Bar

Last edited:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Buzz said:
Couldn't you get into the Haywards Heath schools?

To be honest, to this day I still don't know why I went to school in Crawley. Holy Trinity was a brand new CofE school when my sister went, then my brother went, so then I went. I'm talking mid-seventies here.
:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bristolseagull said:
:clap:

i got booted out of bar poo for wearing flip flops once
They'd throw JESUS out for wearing sandles.

And what about their little chalky blackboard sign outside that boldly states "NO HATS". f*** me, have the owners never been to ASCOT ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here