Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Hayles

daveyboybhafc2

Dec 5, 2003
Bath
isn't Barry Hayles the one that used to be a bricklayer, possibly he's being lined up in a dual role, he can play and lay the foundations for falmer for us during his days off.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gritt23 said:
We are one of 3 teams currently in discussion with Barry Hayles, along with QPR and Luton. Hayles has been frozen out falling out with Colin Lee, despite their need for goals (sound familiar?).

They will be offloading him in January, as a replacement has apparently been lined up.

Could that replacement be Leon Knight, and we get Barry Hayles in a swap deal?

Personally, i'd be pretty pleased with that, as unlike our other strikers, Hayles has a proven goalscoring record at this level and higher. Ok, so he's not young, it's not a deal for the long term, but Leon isn't here for the long-term either, so it sounds like a good deal to me.

In a less than obvious way, todays transfer does bear out what my source told me, because my "mole" is at QPR and Ollie was showing interest. An interest he has maintained, and now signed him at Argyle.

From the BBC.
Millwall's Hayles moves to Argyle

Hayles made over 50 appearances for Millwall in two seasons
Plymouth have completed the signing of striker Barry Hayles from Millwall for a reported fee of £100,000.
The 34-year-old, who worked under manager Ian Holloway at Bristol Rovers, has signed a two-year contract.

And Hayles said: "It's a pleasure to work with Ian Holloway. He's an honest gentleman and it will be great to work with him again.

"Ollie is great at showing you the bigger picture and my mind was made up as soon as I spoke to him."

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
If a 34 year old striker fetches £100k, no wonder we haven't brought in one of the "household names" yet

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A52 Seagull said:
If a 34 year old striker fetches £100k, no wonder we haven't brought in one of the "household names" yet

The price tag is a bit horrifying isn't it.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Gritt23 said:
The price tag is a bit horrifying isn't it.

Still, presumably we had the cash available earlier in the year, and should still have some of it now.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here