Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Hayles

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
But if that keeper is Henderson, that is a good signing. Keepers like that do not often become available and we will be able to punt him for a tidy profit.

Probably find that the midfielder is Wise, the striker is Hayles, so who is the left back?

UB sorry I meant that Magoo wont play Hayles on the wing he will play him in goal! Or at leftback.

Anywhere but centre forward probably.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
I can't get excited about Barry Hayles. I want a left back and a bullyboy midfielder. I still think our strikers will score goals if they get more service.

And is he another mardy one? Left Sheff Utd after 4 league games, and fell out with the Millwall manager. Hmmm...

It might also help if we played a pair of strikers together for a few games, so they can learn each others strengths and weaknesses, rather than this constant changing.

Que the great one coming on and telling us that we should select our team as a reaction to the opposition rather than having a constant selection with players in their best positions. Well they might do that in rubgy, but this is football.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
It might also help if we played a pair of strikers together for a few games, so they can learn each others strengths and weaknesses, rather than this constant changing.

Que the great one coming on and telling us that we should select our team as a reaction to the opposition rather than having a constant selection with players in their best positions. Well they might do that in rubgy, but this is football.....

It also looks as mcghee is scared of the other team, rather than letting them worrying about brighton.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simster said:
I still think our strikers will score goals if they get more service.

Or if the lardy jocko could COACH our strikers where the goal is!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Uncle Buck said:

I'm inclined to agree with this. My prefered choice would be Richards and Robinson. Or if we did end up with Hayles or the like then I'd play Richards alongside him with Robinson for cover. All other 'strikers' at the club should then be offloaded.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyHitler said:
It also looks as mcghee is scared of the other tea, rather than letting them worrying about brighton.

Yup Ive said this time and time again. Other teams should worry about us not the other way around

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yup Ive said this time and time again. Other teams should worry about us not the other way around

But on our limited budget all we can do is react to others etc etc.

The modern game is such that we have to change the tactics due to the oppositon etc etc.

McGhee can do no wrong and McCammon will play for Brazil etc etc.

Sorry just getting Steve's responses in for him, think of it as a job share.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Uncle Buck!

I feel dirty....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
Totally agree with this. I'd play McCammon and CKR, although I thought McCammon's flick ons at Southampton to Jake were excellent. A real understanding was developing there.

Unfortunately McCammon is shit with the ball at his feet, but it is often the case that the opposition don't know that. It was an eye-opener watching from the home end. I can tell you that the Stains fans shat their pants every time the ball was pumped in McCammon's direction, in case he laid it off to some one in a good position.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
But on our limited budget all we can do is react to others etc etc.

The modern game is such that we have to change the tactics due to the oppositon etc etc.

McGhee can do no wrong and McCammon will play for Brazil etc etc.

Sorry just getting Steve's responses in for him, think of it as a job share.

Thank you for clearing that up UB. How silly of me I should have realised.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
One question though.
WHY can't he get into the Millwall team, now Lee's gone upstairs ?

Tuttle has been Lee's assistant all season, so I guess he has fallen out with both. Not sure what a great start it would be for the manager / dir of football relationship if the first thing Tuttle did was welcome Hayles back into the side with open arms.

Could be taken as 2 fingers to Lee. I'm not surprised he's stuck with the decision.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dwayne said:
NO chance of getting him if QPR and Luton are in the race, sorry.:nono:
Why would he go to Luton? Shit ground, plenty of competition already up front, low wages, and the place is a craphole.

QPR must surely be ahead of us in the queue though.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
Totally agree with this. I'd play McCammon and CKR, although I thought McCammon's flick ons at Southampton to Jake were excellent. A real understanding was developing there.

Unfortunately McCammon is shit with the ball at his feet, but it is often the case that the opposition don't know that. It was an eye-opener watching from the home end. I can tell you that the Stains fans shat their pants every time the ball was pumped in McCammon's direction, in case he laid it off to some one in a good position.

A bit cruel of you not to inform them that he was never going to be a danger. Still probably helped pass the time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here