Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Hayles

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
CKR picked us over Wigan/Leicester, because he knew he would get a chance. QPR have many similar players already and if Hayles lives in South London, commuting to Brighton would be a whole lot easier....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
So he will sign and play on the wing....

Now now Piers-you're just being silly:wave:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Normandy seagull said:
Mcphee should be loaned out or released, Turienzo needs time and big Mac is not that disimilar to Hayles

To release McPhee with have to pay his contract up, so that is a no no. He hardly set Aldershot alight, so is anyone going to want him?

What Turienzo needs is a first touch and until he develops one or the coaches actually work on that issue he is always going to be a problem player.

Hayles is a much better player than Trolley could ever aspire to, after all Hayles has actually scored goals at various levels, where as McCammon has something like 22 career goals.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would be very happy with this signing , If it's true we're up against these clubs I'd rate it as a 30% chance.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would imagine that he stands a better chance of 1st team football with us, and I don't know but perhaps we would offering him a longer contract.

MM has been getting stick for the length of the contracts he has offered some people, but I would imagine that is just our way of trying to get players, as we can hardly impress them with our facilities.

If he's fit, Hayles is just the sort of player we need. An experienced striker who has scored plenty of goals at every level of the game. At this late stage of his career I can't see him being too demanding re wages. And also Luton and QPR both have pretty heathy competition up front, whereas a first team place beckons at the Albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One question though.
WHY can't he get into the Millwall team, now Lee's gone upstairs ?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
So he will sign and play on the wing....

No he wont. We have gone on record as saying we need another goalkeeper :jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't get excited about Barry Hayles. I want a left back and a bullyboy midfielder. I still think our strikers will score goals if they get more service.

And is he another mardy one? Left Sheff Utd after 4 league games, and fell out with the Millwall manager. Hmmm...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here