Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fan here..

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
looking through old brighton V barnsley programmes today and stumbled across the fact that barnsley are the only club to win the FA Cup in yorkshire,it states the replay was played in sheffield,was it hillsboro' or bramall lane?

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
What's a tarn? Wikipedia says a tarn (or corrie loch) is a mountain lake or pool, formed in a cirque excavated by a glacier.

Does that mean its not a bird then?
Barnsley is a town, and we pronounce town as 'tarn'. Hence we refer to our club as Tarn. :)

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
looking through old brighton V barnsley programmes today and stumbled across the fact that barnsley are the only club to win the FA Cup in yorkshire,it states the replay was played in sheffield,was it hillsboro' or bramall lane?
That's true. We drew the original tie with WBA at Crystal Palace (no, not that one) then beat them at Bumhole Stain in the replay.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed my Mido/Vicente reference. :wink:

Good luck today, Seagulls, although I don't see you needing much. If you can't beat us, then you certainly have issues.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What's a tarn? Wikipedia says a tarn (or corrie loch) is a mountain lake or pool, formed in a cirque excavated by a glacier.

Does that mean its not a bird then?

Yorkie dialect as in "Is tha barn darn tarn tha neet ?" (Are you going down town tonight)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here