Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley fan here..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like the look of this Barnsley player. Young lad, done particularly well to make a career in football in spite of having one arm considerably shorter than the other.

images

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is there lad called Paul Waddington known to you mate? I worked with him in Brighton in the 1990s. He was heavily involved with Barnsley supporters in London...have lost touch with him.

PM me if you can help.

Cheers.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
I am not sure how you can describe £28 as obscene, when it's in a state of the art stadium with excellent catering that will include local beer to you. You will also have a padded seat and as there are not many of you coming, I suspect you will be able to shift your bums around to the £34 seats on the East Stand.

Also please note, that although that £28 is £2 less than we paid you your magnificent stadium last term, it also includes travel to and from the stadium. This travel can be from the town centre or surrounding towns via bus or train. It also entitles free use of the 3 park and ride facilities. If you are travelling from London by train, you only need to buy a ticket to Haywards Heath and not Brighton as this is where the travel zone begins.

It may be our club at fault not communicating this to Barnsley, but you will enjoy your experience at the Amex and will find it good value.

It should also be pointed out that kids tickets start at £7 in the away ends which is less than half I paid at Barnsley last year, and again these tickets also include travel.
Sorry, but we were led to believe that it's £34.

And trust me, I find our own pricing obscene. We're charging £28 also this season. IMO, "twenty is plenty"...

It wasn't a dig at your club, but just my stated opinion - the prices are obscene. And as much as I like your new "state of the art" stadium, it's still a 90 minute game of football.

And please remember who you are. Don't become the Sheff Wednesday of the south.

One year in the second tier, one year with a shiny new stadium, doesn't all of a sudden alter history. There's a hell of a lot of potential in Brighton, that much is obvious, and after years of struggle, I wish you all the best. But don't become arrogant with it.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
What do you think of Matt Done, Barnsley Fan?

Here's hoping he's absolute toilet :thumbsup:
Matty Done was in and out of our side last year. A very quick left winger, who has no right peg. He can be unplayable, one game in five. The other four games he does a vanishing act.

Definitely has potential, but if the rumours of £750,000 are true, then we've certainly 'DONE' Palarse....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Matty Done was in and out of our side last year. A very quick left winger, who has no right peg. He can be unplayable, one game in five. The other four games he does a vanishing act.

Definitely has potential, but if the rumours of £750,000 are true, then we've certainly 'DONE' Palarse....

Excellent news :thumbsup:

(though I'd be amazed- but also thrilled- if you got £750k out of those peasants)

Sorry, but we were led to believe that it's £34.

And trust me, I find our own pricing obscene. We're charging £28 also this season. IMO, "twenty is plenty"...

It wasn't a dig at your club, but just my stated opinion - the prices are obscene. And as much as I like your new "state of the art" stadium, it's still a 90 minute game of football.

One year in the second tier, one year with a shiny new stadium, doesn't all of a sudden alter history. There's a hell of a lot of potential in Brighton, that much is obvious, and after years of struggle, I wish you all the best. But don't become arrogant with it.

Oddly, I have been referred to as arrogant in the past, however, this post had no arrogance at all.

If I had wanted to be arrogant, I would have referred to you as that club from that hell hole up north, who's own ground is far to big for you. I would have referred to the fact we send our rejects there and I would laugh and laugh again about your offer of £85,000 for Greer.

I would also point out that your pies look (and probably) taste as though they have been made from your manager. I would complain about the dirty loos and hard seat. I would ask how on earth you pay £30 for a ticket when you can buy a whole house next to the ground for 30p.

I would offer comparison with our latest signings from Valencia and take the Michael that you are all excited about a columbian goal keeper who will have more chance of catching clap from those dirty northern whores than he will of catching a cross.

Hope you understand the difference now!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Yep there are some on here that would do well to heed these words.

But equally dont mistake confidence in the cuurent state of our club on and off the pitch for arrogance

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Oddly, I have been referred to as arrogant in the past, however, this post had no arrogance at all.

If I had wanted to be arrogant, I would have referred to you as that club from that hell hole up north, who's own ground is far to big for you. I would have referred to the fact we send our rejects there and I would laugh and laugh again about your offer of £85,000 for Greer.

I would also point out that your pies look (and probably) taste as though they have been made from your manager. I would complain about the dirty loos and hard seat. I would ask how on earth you pay £30 for a ticket when you can buy a whole house next to the ground for 30p.

I would offer comparison with our latest signings from Valencia and take the Michael that you are all excited about a columbian goal keeper who will have more chance of catching clap from those dirty northern whores than he will of catching a cross.

Whitey, can I be the first to say please ignore this person. Every club has its idiots unfortunately.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Maybe you should read the whole of this thread, or look up the meaning of the word Irony ?

I have read the whole thread, but I'm afraid irony doesn't come across very well in print. Mistook it for twattishness and I expect I won't be the only one. Good to clarify.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012

I didn't say you were arrogant, did I? I said "don't become arrogant"...

Our ground, btw, may be too big for us at present (obscene pricing), but if we were in the top flight again, it would be full. You see, we are a small town club, with bandwagon jumpers as soon as we achieve anything.
We know exactly who and what we are. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a Reds fan - we have no arrogance.

We have continually overachieved just by being in this division. 76 years and counting (a record).
We're FA Cup winners, beaten finalists, multiple semi-finalists. Played at Wembley old and new, playoff finals etc etc and so on.
We don't do too bad for such a poor little club.... and unlike you lot, we have the MASSIVE (joke) Sheff Wednesday, their horrid neighbours United, and Dirty Leeds all within spitting distance of us. So again, I think we do quite well all things considered.

Also, nobody is excited about Gonzalez. He's a stop gap signing until Ben Alnwick returns from suspension, and Luke Steele returns from injury.
I'd compare Vicente to Mido, though.

As for Jimmy McNulty being considered a 'reject', I take it you watched him with your eyes shut? The lad oozes ability. Unfortunately, he's injured, along with most of our first team.

I have nothing against your club at all. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but you have been irrelevant to us up until last year. But I'm a football fan, and can clearly see the potential in your club, and as I said previously, I wish you all the best. I just would prefer you to go about your business with a bit of class. Don't be like the Wednesdays, who are arrogant beyond the extreme.

I didn't say you were arrogant, did I? I said "don't become arrogant"...

Our ground, btw, may be too big for us at present (obscene pricing), but if we were in the top flight again, it would be full. You see, we are a small town club, with bandwagon jumpers as soon as we achieve anything.
We know exactly who and what we are. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a Reds fan - we have no arrogance.

We have continually overachieved just by being in this division. 76 years and counting (a record).
We're FA Cup winners, beaten finalists, multiple semi-finalists. Played at Wembley old and new, playoff finals etc etc and so on.
We don't do too bad for such a poor little club.... and unlike you lot, we have the MASSIVE (joke) Sheff Wednesday, their horrid neighbours United, and Dirty Leeds all within spitting distance of us. So again, I think we do quite well all things considered.

Also, nobody is excited about Gonzalez. He's a stop gap signing until Ben Alnwick returns from suspension, and Luke Steele returns from injury.

As for Jimmy McNulty being considered a 'reject', I take it you watched him with your eyes shut? The lad oozes ability. Unfortunately, he's injured, along with most of our first team.

I have nothing against your club at all. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but you have been irrelevant to us up until last year. But I'm a football fan, and can clearly see the potential in your club, and as I said previously, I wish you all the best. I just would prefer you to go about your business with a bit of class. Don't be like the Wednesdays, who are arrogant beyond the extreme.

I can't argue with that reply.

I was there giving Jim a standing ovation for your player of the season last year too, and as far as he is concerned I could not agree more.

I did take a bit of offense to your reply as it did insinuate somewhat I was being cocky. My re-reply certainly was!

The big point in my initial response though was more a dig at our own club for not clarifying what is actually included in the ticket price. Due to our remote location public transport is essential and if your fans do not know this, they will either be turning up at the ground in a car (and being turned away) or buying a train/bus ticket when they don't need to.

One of our regulars on this board earlier this week found that on the national rail website is was £7 cheaper to buy a return from Barnsley to Haywards Heath than it was to Brighton.

If you do this, your footy ticket will cover the rest of the journey.

I have had a bee in my bonnet about pricing the last week, not with your post in particular, but with our own supporters on here as well.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am not sure how well we as a club advertise (to away fans) the fact that your match ticket includes travel (and where from)

Any Barnsley fans who drive (and there will be some) need to know abot P+R etc... and the fact the cost is included in your match ticket.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
It may of been mentioned already amongst all these witterings, but a big tip for you and your travelling colleagues from up north is that you must allow at least 90 minutes from parking your car at a park and ride or any surrounding rail station or any city centre bus stop to ensure you will get to the Amex in time for kickoff. 5000 more fans travelling this season and if Tuesday is anything to go by then the last stage of travelling to the Amex is going to continue to be a nightmare but more scarier one. My prediction 2-0 to Albion, a Barnes brace.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Real Madrid bid £30m for Mido?! Mido was listed as one of the top 15 players in the World?! Blimey.

Vicente is by a long, long, long way the most gifted and decorated player in the Championship.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
lol

Barnsley charging us £30 for tickets doesn't mean Barnsley fans have no right to complain about our pricing. It wasn't them that charged us. If they don't know about the £28 tickets (which is still not cheap) perhaps the information wasn't properly relayed, or if they've taken a smaller allocation they may only have the more expensive ones.

Caveman2012

Jun 18, 2012
I do a BFC blog, and I've done a preview of this weekends game.

I usually ask the opposing clubs fans, via a forum, for some input.

But unfortunately, I had a small amount of time available to get the article completed, and it took all day for me to finally have this account activated. So I've had to do the preview without any Brighton fan input. Which is a shame, as I know my readers enjoy hearing from the opposition supporters before a fixture.

Anyways, here's the link, and feel free to add any comments to the article, with perhaps your thoughts ahead of the game.

Tarn Review: BRIGHTON PREVIEW

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Andy.

Welcome Barnsley fan it's always nice to speak to fans from other clubs. Sorry if you've had an abuse on here. I wish you and your team the best of luck tomorrow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What's a tarn? Wikipedia says a tarn (or corrie loch) is a mountain lake or pool, formed in a cirque excavated by a glacier.

Does that mean its not a bird then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here