Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was more worried about CMS than Barnes tonight. He certainly isn`t putting himself about like he did early season.
Not getting into a Barnes arguement but I thought he was dreadful tonight.Mind you he was not the worse out there.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Barnes is offically shit

He's first touch is shit and he can't shoot

The only thing he's does is taking a penelty

Let me help you:

"Barnes is offically shit.

His first touch is shit and he can't shoot.

The only thing he does is take penalties."

Maybe you should spend more time on your homework and less time posting stupid threads on the internet.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
4 times on sporting life commentry, 'Ashley Barnes has a shot on goal.............................the goalkeeper has it covered' that 'ole classic line.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don't know whether the Anti-Barnes brigade have noticed but Gus IS NOT playing him as a Striker. So if you turn up and expect him to play as a striker you'll be dissappointed. It makes me laugh that people post such drivel about Barnes yet other players get away with all sorts and it goes unpunished on here. Get a grip people and stop bring so bloody biased.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Don't know whether the Anti-Barnes brigade have noticed but Gus IS NOT playing him as a Striker. So if you turn up and expect him to play as a striker you'll be dissappointed. It makes me laugh that people post such drivel about Barnes yet other players get away with all sorts and it goes unpunished on here. Get a grip people and stop bring so bloody biased.
this :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Barnes has never impressed consistently.

What surprised me today was how poor Greer was, Dunk played badly too.

He may not impress consistenly but he does impress regularly. Last night was the wrong time to start a "Barnes it rubbish" thread as CMS, Reyes, Dunk, Greer, Mattock and Brezovan were ALL worse than Barnes for me and I don't think Barnes had a great game either.

I wholeheartedly agree on Greer and Dunk though. Woeful last night. El-Abd although not as cultured as both, adds far more backbone and that was what we needed last night.

Also, for all though who contistently shout "get it long", last night showed that long-ball footy definately does NOT suit us... At all!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Can we make one of these a sticky, to save opening a new thread after every game ?
On a night when little went right, there are signs that Vokes and Barnes are developing an understanding and could form an effective strike partnership. Those who don't see it will likely get plenty of opportunity to moan over the coming weeks.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Thought Barnes was our best player last night.
Dunk was poor as was Reyes ,Vokes reasonable that`s about it really.

Just a bad day at the office.
And we didn`t lose so get over it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Barnes played another typical good game last night. He's not brilliant but he does his job.

What was interesting to note was how comfortable the Millwall players were receving the ball quickly to feet and usually finding a member of their own team to pass the ball to in a position where they could control it. How many times did a pass from us need bringing down from head high, or belting in to someone's chest with a centre half on their back. Movement and direct passing with control looks good even when Millwall do it. We were nowhere near it last night.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Yep. A below par game and he is SHIT.

Sake. Zzz

He was a long way off our worst player, but then he is the official scape goat I guess.:rolleyes:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Let me help you:

"Barnes is offically shit.

His first touch is shit and he can't shoot.

The only thing he does is take penalties."

Maybe you should spend more time on your homework and less time posting stupid threads on the internet.

:lol: I reckon Barnes could spell his own name as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here