Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No stand out player for me, rated all 5 and below, but we got a point from A truly woeful performance that is a positive in its self. We would have lost a game like that back in October. Was due a bad performance. We will bounce back

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
YAWN.

All this constant slagging Barnes off is getting boring. I thought he was definately one of our better players out there tonight. Got shots on target unlike CMS and won the freekick for Kaz to score. Overall a good day at the office for Barnes i would say.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought he was decent in the role he was in. Did anyone play well?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Barnes is one of the un-sung players of the team. He may not have the best touch, be the best finisher, or have the vision and passing abilities of some of our team, but he is disciplined and offers something other attack minded players don't in as such that he is quite good defensively. He reads the game well and is adaptable to play wherever the manager see's fit, and lets not forget he can take a damn good penalty. People forget that he is actually a centre forward playing out of position on the wing.

Its unbelievable the stick that he gets. When others have far worse games than he does Barnes is the one who gets torn to shreds. I trust Gus 100% on this one, he's a valuable asset to our team and I think the guys slating him on here are either on a massive fishing trip or simply don't understand the game all that well.

He'll probably get a brace in the next league game and the week after he'll get slated once more!

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Barnes was my man of the match tonight. He does loads of the ball and I'm surprised that people rate him so low. Reyes/Navarro/Bridcutt were very poor today.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
blimey, funny how people can watch the same game, but have totally opposing views...
i was just about to start an 'ashley barnes, football genius' thread!
thought he was without a doubt one of our better players, especially in the 1st half, (the whole team looking fairly uninspired in 2nd half i thought),
admittedly there were a couple of loose touches, and the odd wild lash at goal, but thought his general hold up play/touch/ odd piece of vision and usual first class work rate was one of the positives from tonights game.
i agree with the previous poster who said about how he will stand waving his arms in the air when a decision doesn't go his way when chasing back,
but give the guy a break ffs...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
thought Barnes was one of the better players tonight, worked hard and genuinely looked interested in attacking their back line...I was happy with him and Vokes, the rest of them struggled.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too thought Barnes was one of very few players who had a half reasonable game tonight. Dunk, I was shocked at how dreadful some of his passing was, maybe his mind was elsewhere.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
In a weird way I have missed the obligatory "Barnes is shit" thread during the past few weeks. Glad it's back just as Barnes will be, game after game because the haters are wrong and know little about actually playing football. Keep watching him and keep moaning ladies. Good night.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
One of the better players tonight. Do not understand the constant jibes at him.

He's movement was much better than CMS and link up play to.

Would like to see him at Vokes up top.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Barnes is one of the un-sung players of the team. He may not have the best touch, be the best finisher, or have the vision and passing abilities of some of our team, but he is disciplined and offers something other attack minded players don't in as such that he is quite good defensively. He reads the game well and is adaptable to play wherever the manager see's fit, and lets not forget he can take a damn good penalty. People forget that he is actually a centre forward playing out of position on the wing.

Its unbelievable the stick that he gets. When others have far worse games than he does Barnes is the one who gets torn to shreds. I trust Gus 100% on this one, he's a valuable asset to our team and I think the guys slating him on here are either on a massive fishing trip or simply don't understand the game all that well.

He'll probably get a brace in the next league game and the week after he'll get slated once more!

:thumbsup:

And I don't care if he doesn't get that brace.

He is also a fighter, helps out round the pitch and sniffs out danger when others are either lazy or half asleep, is a fantastic header of a ball, and Gus picks him repeatedlly because in his expert and carefully analytical opinion, is great for the team.

In contrast, Dunk, Navarro, Bridcutt, & CMS were shocking tonight.

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
Stop slagging off our players, honestly you people are boring bunch of dicks. Barnes is our top scorer end off. He had a bad game so did half the team get over it we learnt that team done work now we can move on!!! if your going to moan f*** off back to where you was last year. Barnes was a big part of the reason we got promotion bet half of you wouldn't have been at the Amex tonight if it was Brighton vs Tranmere in league one would you. If your going to moan and slag of players f*** off back to being a man u fan.

Sent viva a brighton fan not a match of the day fan

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He is made to look worse than he is by having the ball pelted at him when under pressure, the ball played too far behind or too far in front of him, or bobbly high passes that any player would need to take a touch on, only they are played to him when he doesn't have the time to take the touch, players making no effort to collect the passes from him, and his runs and movement being ignored as we decide to play the ball back to bridcutt who seems to not have the confidence to pass it forward.

Yes he won the freekick for luala, he also deflected Navarro's shot to Vokes (though I don't think that was deliberate)

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's popular amongst our support. It's just a handful of clueless NSC spastics who can't see what a good player he is for us.

I think some of them sit around me. Again, mistaking other players for him. On the far side, in our own half, Reyes played a ball to calderon he had no chance of collecting and it went out for a throw. Barnes was blamed by people around me, despite being on the near side of the pitch in the millwall half. Idiots.

Last edited:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Sometimes good, but appalling today, but so were most of the team. Barnes has been better of late, but tonight he was so bad, could not understand why he was not taken off, all did was lose the ball and fall over, I can do that, and Dunk worst game he has had.

Millwall were a poor side, but they deserved 3 points, hopefully a small backward step, please Gus, we have 4 wingers, can we play one please, so narrow without it, I am sure he could see what 20,000 people could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here