Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes penalty claim

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep. The only thing that the linesman on the northeast side did not do for Blackpool was to put the ball in the back of the net for them - joke of a man.
He even flagged when CMS brilliantly blocked an attempted clearance with his head and as for his booking, well, the Blackpool player should be in the GB Olympic Diving team.

I spotted that too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can't believe that they managed to miss that between them. At the time it looked so blatant. Also would have been a sending off surely as the last man so even if we missed we would have had 11 against 10 for the rest of the game. There is absolutely no reason for Barnes to go down there as it was an easier chance than the penalty would have been.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
The Barnes one was indeed a stonewall penalty and yes , I agree that there was also a handball missed in the penalty area.

GP is going to go ballistic on these. Ce'st la vie, or whatever.

Viewed from my seat on the by line in the WSU !

Perhaps we could petition the FL to introduce some new referees from St Dunstans, no slight intended !

Surely, that should read "No sight intended!"

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
As usual an incompetent ref fucks us over.Blackpool clearly spent their year in the premiership learning how to con officials,the amount of freekicks they got for nothing challenges yet continually got away with making similar challenges themselves. If Barnes dived ( which he didn't ) it's a booking, if he was fouled ( which he was ) it's a penalty & a sending off. . The wanker in black cost us 2 points.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Date Transactions Details Amount
20/08/2011
10:47 Bet Stake Bet has 1 lines
Celtic , Crawley , Brighton , Liverpool -£5.00

20/08/2011
11:16 Bet Stake Brighton v Blackpool - A Barnes to score in 90 minutes and Brighton to win the match @ 13/5 -£5.00

20/08/2011
11:16 Bet Stake Brighton v Blackpool - C Mackail-Smith to score in 90 minutes and Brighton to win the match @ 5/2 -£5.00

Paddington Bear

Aug 3, 2011
I sit West Stand Upper inline with the six yard box and it was stone wall penalty. Linesman had a clear view cannot see why it wasn't given. Football League Show did not show this incident in the match highlights!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
As usual an incompetent ref fucks us over.Blackpool clearly spent their year in the premiership learning how to con officials,the amount of freekicks they got for nothing challenges yet continually got away with making similar challenges themselves. If Barnes dived ( which he didn't ) it's a booking, if he was fouled ( which he was ) it's a penalty & a sending off. . The wanker in black cost us 2 points.

I thought the ref was ok in the first half, he seemed to lose it after he got the ball smacked in his head in the 2nd half.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im STILL f***ing angry about it now. I havent been that angry since the the "penalty" that was awarded at home to Bmth.

As I said in the words of Blackadder "thank you Darling and I hope your parents die in a freak yachting accident"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Im STILL f***ing angry about it now. I havent been that angry since the the "penalty" that was awarded at home to Bmth.

As I said in the words of Blackadder "thank you Darling and I hope your parents die in a freak yachting accident"

We all went mental cos of our excellent view showing it was a clear pen :angry:

TJx

The WOMEN'S opinion!
Aug 19, 2011
Withdean
???instant replays/goal line tech. Cricket manages it ok..What ya think

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I said this after the doncaster and gillingham games, but I'll say it again.

Last season we mentioned how the intimidating atmosphere at some grounds led to refs being influenced into giving our opponents soft decisions. At the time we all thought it would be one of the benefits of the amex, we would get some soft decisions because the crowd influences the ref. It seems, so far, that refs are determined not to be affected by the amex crowd, to the point where they will give the wrong decision for fear they are being influenced if they were to give the right decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here