Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes penalty claim

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Todays ref had a shocker, apart from the comical Blackpool clearance he prevented.

:lol: He took that full in the face and for a moment there I thought he was going to go down. Fair play to him though, he wobbled a bit, but stayed on his feet kept calm and carried on.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I thought it was funny when Gus just looked at the West stand's fury over one of the decisions and, for once, decided not to get involved himself.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Looked like a penalty from wsu but there didn't seem to be any claims from our players which is normally a good indication.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Maybe we should sue the ref

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Im sure a Blackpool player handballed in the penalty area near the end too.

I had a clear view of that from where I was and it was blatant handball from the Blackpool player, There's many refs who would've given the Barnes penalty claim as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Penalty and a red card. The ref has cost us 3 points.

Spot on. The agonising thing was from our seats roughly 6 yard box you could see the cross going straight to Barnes foot until he was shoved over - joke ref. Bottle job.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
what is it with dodgy refs at albion games

Is Gus p***ing officials off, and even if subconcious, there against us?
On holiday, I met someone who's mates with a league ref, and the main thing they knew about the new Albion was that the official found Gus a nightmare.
I defended him, but just wonder.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had a clear view of that from where I was and it was blatant handball from the Blackpool player, There's many refs who would've given the Barnes penalty claim as well.

It look like one of our defenders handballed a cross before they equalised, was quite a long way away though, anybody nearer see if it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here