Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes penalty claim

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Painter handballed one at 2-1. I thought it was blatant but nobody seems to have mentioned it.

He did but the dozy lino not only missed it but also missed the blatant push on Painter which in turn caused him to handle it.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Why would he go down? He is 90% going to sore if he gets his foot on it so why would he intentionally go down?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He/she, couldn't work it out? also missed the fact that any contact on the ball had been made and indicated a goalkick. Also he/she missed numerous things throughout the game particularly a goalkick which never in the slightest, remotest way left the penalty area and when the ball crossed the goal line before the Blackpool player crossed it (clearly over by at least a foot) and I sit in the WSU and could see it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
from my seat in the family stand it was as blatant as they come. the lino was bang inline so i would blame him to be fair rather than the ref

100% this. Whilst the ref should have given this as from about 3 yards out there'd be no reason for Ashley to dive, this is the lino's territory, and it really pisses me off as they do pretty much f*** all apart from give offsides. FFS they have to help the referee out sometimes and the Eastside lino was in direct line of the challenge.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Might be on Seagulls Player later. Looked obvious from the East. We were giving the lino some stick for missing it.

Still with that very late winner against Donny and Portsmouth missing that pen we can't complain too much about our luck.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We'll never know now.
BBC's token highlights didn't cover it!

No, but they did show CMS's miss from 3 yards - even though he was given offside!

D

Deleted User X18H

Should have had one in the first half as well , but that treacle running the line didn't flag for it. She was probably thinking about what was for tea or Richard Keys or summat and not paying attention.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes and stated that we should have at that point gone 3-1 up!

He didn't say anything about 3-1 (although that would have made it 3-1). He said that Blackpool's "hope should have evaporated". He also said that the cross was from LuerLuer!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
That one probably balances the dive against Gillingham....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Clear pen, poor decision from the ref. The family stand had a cracking view of what was a BLATANT trip.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Clear pen, poor decision from the ref. The family stand had a cracking view of what was a BLATANT trip.

Yep. The only thing that the linesman on the northeast side did not do for Blackpool was to put the ball in the back of the net for them - joke of a man.
He even flagged when CMS brilliantly blocked an attempted clearance with his head and as for his booking, well, the Blackpool player should be in the GB Olympic Diving team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here