Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes charged (updated: misses 7 matches!)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'd expect the club to levy the maximum fine possible and an apology from Ash to the fans wouldn't go a miss too.

Feb 14, 2010
Trying to trip up a ref is such a daft thing to do that even Paulo DiCanio would think twice before doing it! But he wont be missed as a forward, he has missed too many sitters for that. However he might be missed as a part of the squad, as will CMS. But neither CMS or Barnes can score goals despite having the best midfield in the division.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Trying to trip up a ref is such a daft thing to do that even Paulo DiCanio would think twice before doing it! But he wont be missed as a forward, he has missed too many sitters for that. However he might be missed as a part of the squad, as will CMS. But neither CMS or Barnes can score goals despite having the best midfield in the division.

Di canio just pushes them over, he doesn't try and be subtle about it. Then he tries to have scrap with anyone who wants it. Winterburn didn't look too impressed..... Lool

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If this doesn't serve as a massive wake-up call for Barnes then nothing will. That's ten games he'll have missed where the way was clear for him to be front-runner to form a partnership with Ulloa. Now he's just got three games at the end of the season. What a wasted opportunity.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
QUOTE=JJ McClure;5575324]and an apology from Ash to the fans wouldn't go a miss too.[/QUOTE]

I thought this. For me it would be a good acknowledgement and demonstration of some maturity. I worry that he might be sitting there sulking and feeling hard done by. If that were the case it's difficult to see how he really deals with his lack of discipline

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
When is the first game that Barnes could be back for? Think he is going to have a MASSIVE role to play now with no striker coming in on loan...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When is the first game that Barnes could be back for? Think he is going to have a MASSIVE role to play now with no striker coming in on loan...
Crash helmet on, for the next potential NSC meltdown.

He's going to come on late.
He's going to score.
He's going to get booked with his celebration.
NSC melts.

1 flounce, 3 bans, a 30 minute 'NSC is closed', no google ads.

Mystic Stat has spoken.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
all barnes is, is powerful. that's it. one of the worst players to ever don the once proud stripes. will definitely be relased at end of season, absolute disgrace

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
all barnes is, is powerful. that's it. one of the worst players to ever don the once proud stripes. will definitely be relased at end of season, absolute disgrace

You are seriously deluded if you think Ashley is even in the top 20 of the worst players we have ever had,

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

there speaks someone who was obviously not around when we were in the old 4th either that or his/her memory does not work very well:(

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
there speaks someone who was obviously not around when we were in the old 4th either that or his/her memory does not work very well:(

i've been a massive albion fan since we got the amex, and barnes aint good enough, we're prem standard

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This. Comparatively but without naming names as there were FAR too many contenders in those days, Barnes has been a terrific player for us. I think that we are being spoiled at the moment and that he would have walked into any of our teams over the last 15 years apart from this year when there has been greater competition.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
we're prem standard

No problem with new fans, that's great. But we are not yet premier standard. We are improving and heading that way. Atm the team is not good enough as a whole. The only thing that is premier standard as yet is our infrastructure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here