Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes and Tommy K?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The radio commentators are morons. On the rare occasions I have the misfortune to listen to them, it is clear they know absolutely nothing and are terrified to criticise anybody.

The truth is that last night Barnes missed a penalty and rebound, a free shot in the box under no pressure in the last minute and an unchallenged header. He can't score goals in this division and he's not a midfielder, so why we play him there I don't know. He might have positional discipline but he doesn't get stuck in, he doesn't work particularly hard and he can't create. For a team that only has three attacking positions up for grabs, it makes no sense to waste one on a player who can't contribute anything in an attacking sense. It is an insult that Poyet thinks we should pay £25 to watch players of his calibre. I'm fed up of it. He is shit. But I've no doubt he'll pop up with a goal in the next few games and that will justify his place for another month.

Ignoring the slightly ranting nature of this... i think that's a fair summary of Barnes and the issues around Gus trying to accommodate him within his usual system. It's not working. Barnes cannot play as the left sided attacker and he can't play as the central attacker.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think they are all getting a bit frustrated. On saturday Greer had a right go at Tommy K after he let in the deflected goal - how was that his fault?
OK, we like to see a bit of passion, but I guess they aren't up for a fight with Gus, so they end up in civil war. We just need a few decent results. I just can't see where they are going to come from at the moment. We have too many "OK" midfielders and only one "OK" forward with a blown budget. He is going to have some serious ducking and diving to do in the loan market to offload some and get in the quality target man we have all been hankering for.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Unfair.

Aspinall surprisingly, as an employee of the club, is never afraid to say what he thinks. He was very critical of Dobbie last night. Effectively accused him of being overweight and lazy.

(both of which look spot on, from what I've seen).

I have to agree there and was very surprised when he said that Gus had been given no money.
He went on to say, if TB wants to progress and has watched the last for games, it is obvious we need to spend out on a striker, so he should put his hand in his pocket. He then said, after all we are getting packed houses every week. Or words along those lines.
Very career limiting statements I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here