Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes and Tommy K?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
From where i was, Barnes said something at Kuszczak and he reacted by saying something back and pointing at the other goal. I presume gesturing about either the missed penalty or late miss from barnes. Kuszczak wasn't happy so i'd bet that Barnes must have blamed him because kuszczak doesn't seem like an aggressive guy.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Have just left game. Tommy k was having a go at Barnes not for pen miss but miss in last min when he should have scored ( Again). This game summed up Barnes being found out and I have backed him to the hilt . However tonight I have finally lost it with him. We were mugged for 4 th game in a row and right royally mugged too

I reckon that's a bit harsh saying we were mugged. Leicester were the better team. You can't just blame Barnes for that- we were hesitant in possession and lacked any spark going forward. We didn't create enough to get anything from the game.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
barnes acts like a spoilt child heard he is not very popular in the dressing room

But he is popular with the most popular man in the dresing room, Gus Poyet.

Murray was extremely popular with the players, Barnes wasn't, yet Gus was not keen on him...evidently

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
From where i was, Barnes said something at Kuszczak and he reacted by saying something back and pointing at the other goal. I presume gesturing about either the missed penalty or late miss from barnes. Kuszczak wasn't happy so i'd bet that Barnes must have blamed him because kuszczak doesn't seem like an aggressive guy.

So that's Tommy dropped for Saturday & Gary Williams starting at left back! FFS Mullery!

I reckon that's a bit harsh saying we were mugged. Leicester were the better team. You can't just blame Barnes for that- we were hesitant in possession and lacked any spark going forward. We didn't create enough to get anything from the game.

Fair enough assessment of the game I watched. As an offensive unit our midfield struggled to get out of neutral, particularly in the first half. Ponderous distribution from our central defence yet again, rarely forward and so, so very predictable; nothing really of note on goal except the saved (not missed) penalty due to poor decision making and lack of application when opportunities occurred. The most obvious was Barnes not getting his shot on target in the last few minutes when well placed.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
But he is popular with the most popular man in the dresing room, Gus Poyet.

Murray was extremely popular with the players, Barnes wasn't, yet Gus was not keen on him...evidently

How do you know that?
Personally always thought the opposite ..
I'm sure Gus stated in the past how Murray didn't get on well with the other players and I also recall a quote from Gary Dicker in one of the programs last season, where he called Murray a loner or something along those lines..

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
As a couple of people have pointed out, it was definitely for Barnes f***ing up a glorious opportunity in the last minute, not the penalty miss. Kuszczak went off on one and pushed Barnes, who tried to retaliate but was held back by somebody.

Well done Tomasz is all I have to say. I've swung between average and poor when it comes to Barnes, but tonight is the last straw. He's been bad in most games this season but tonight was a whole new level of shit. He is absolutely f***ing terrible and should never play for us again if we have serious ambition.

Strange that the radio said he was superb in the 2nd half and was probably our MOM

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It looked like Kuszack was having a go at him for wasting the last chance, not for the penalty miss. He shouted at Barnes and then walked off. Barnes started to follow him and shouted back. Kuszack turned around and they started to square up before Greer elbowed them both.

Sounds about right.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair enough assessment of the game I watched. As an offensive unit our midfield struggled to get out of neutral, particularly in the first half. Ponderous distribution from our central defence yet again, rarely forward and so, so very predictable; nothing really of note on goal due to poor decision making and lack of application when opportunities occurred. The most obvious was Barnes not getting his shot on target in the last few minutes when well placed.

Sorry, which game are you referring to?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How do you know that?
Personally always thought the opposite ..
I'm sure Gus stated in the past how Murray didn't get on well with the other players and I also recall a quote from Gary Dicker in one of the programs last season, where he called Murray a loner or something along those lines..

because its hearsay simple and guesswork..i could say the opposite and it would be just as valid

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think maybe Kuszczak is starting to wonder what the f*** he was walked into here. No coincidence that he seems to have issues with Barnes and Greer...... two of our more "special" players.

You need to be kicked in the face.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
The radio commentators are morons.
It is an insult that Poyet thinks we should pay £25 to watch players of his calibre.

from your post, it would seem that listening to the radio would allow you to save £25 per game.

Happy days from your perspective.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The radio commentators are morons. On the rare occasions I have the misfortune to listen to them, it is clear they know absolutely nothing and are terrified to criticise anybody.

Unfair.

Aspinall surprisingly, as an employee of the club, is never afraid to say what he thinks. He was very critical of Dobbie last night. Effectively accused him of being overweight and lazy.

(both of which look spot on, from what I've seen).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Now now, Girls. calm Down. Report in the Guardian this morning indicates that Leicester were just by far the better team, but that we could still have sneaked something.

Barnes actually gets a mention as being one of the people through whom something might have happened, and CMS got an honourable mention in terms of his prodigious work-rate must exhibit a supreme level of fitness. But I am only passing on what someone else has reported. If people on here don't agree with it, they will probably dismiss the reporter as a moron.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well, after a good start it's all gone wrong, just deja vu from last season. And if our players are now having altercations on the pitch that is a very bad sign. Gus seems to be losing his grip, both tactically and in man-management terms, as well as in the transfer market.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

This is getting to sound a little too much like last season. We are perhaps showing too much respect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here