Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barn door Barnes

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barnes has already exceeded expectations at this club. What the f*** do you expect for what he cost us - Lionel f***ing Messi?
So it is because of his cost? You rate Barnes on the fact he cost £65k? So on that basis, if we pulled someone out of county league for nothing, and paid him £50 a game, no one can say anything negative, because he hardly cost us anything.

Obviously not that extreme, but that is your basic argument. Don't say anything negative about Barnes, because he only cost £65. Anyway you didn't answer, are you seriosuly saying Barnes out performed CMS tonight and at Hull?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What gives you the right to "expect"? Try hope.

We've been in the arse end of the Football League for years while our competitors have been banking parachute payments. Get real!
How long will you use our history as an excuse?

Today is 2012.

Today we have the 10th best season ticket sells in the entire league. Only nine clubs, all premiership have better. That is where we are today.

get over history. let it go. live in the now.

If you are going to argue about how good or bad a player is, please base it on more than his cost, and the fact we nearly folded 15 years ago.

Because that is your only argument. Barnes cost £65k so dont say anything against him

CMS cost £3m so any moaning should be aimed at him?!?!?!? Surely you are on a wind up. No one can seriously base an argument on that!!! Can they?

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
There's no anti Barnes or Dicker agenda, plain to see neither one is up to the level required for a team pushing for promotion. Simple fact. Same problems as last season through centre mid and up front

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mr Burns. Just because weve got 25k fans at home for the first time in 20 odd years it doesn't mean we can suddenly outbid or outpay the likes of hull, derby, bolton, bham, blackpool, forest, leicester.

Not only have we not had the benefit of prem money or ever achieved prem football but we havent even had any decent money in for players sold to help balance the books.

In theory we shouldnt be anywhere near the Top 6, what with our resources as compared with others.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns. Just because weve got 25k fans at home for the first time in 20 odd years it doesn't mean we can suddenly outbid or outpay the likes of hull, derby, bolton, bham, blackpool, forest, leicester.

Not only have we not had the benefit of prem money or ever achieved prem football but we havent even had any decent money in for players sold to help balance the books.

In theory we shouldnt be anywhere near the Top 6, what with our resources as compared with others.
Agreed to a point.

But still doesn't explain why if someone should be moaned at, we should moan at CMS just because he cost £2.75 million.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
League 1 is a much slower game, despite no positional changes, the system changes as the tempo is higher. Don't get me wrong, Barnes is good enough for our club yes, but should not be in that starting 11. He started out wide of the front 3 tonight, what does he offer us there?

He played there literally ALL last season, and scored 14 goals. How is that not fitting our system?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Shhhhhh! You can't slag off Barnes! What are you thinking?!

Terrible again last night, just not up to championship level. Yes I know he was top scorer last year, but then again so would I be if I could cover up my inability to finish by taking penalties

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Wasn't there last night. Did anyone support the team? Or did they just go to slag off the ones they appear to love hating?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I am not sure what is more weird:

a) That your stat conveniently jumps from 2002 to 2008
b) That you even think this is a sensible point to make. We won the league. Barnes scored what he did.

a)My stat jumps eight years as I wanted to show the recent years but didn't want to leave Bobby out.
b) If you want to finish 10th every season in the championship then there is no logic to my point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Barnes had a very poor game yesterday and the correct decision was to withdraw him.

However, CMS remains a greater problem for me, his finishing was dire last season, has not improved this year (based on 2 games admittedly). His workrate can't be denied and his clearance off the line was key, but unless we take our chances we will not progress.

Barnes has always been a supporting striker to CMS, Murray and Forster in his time with us and I would suggest his goal return on this basis is quite good, not to mention his defensive work last season.

Dicker was ok last evening, but as games progress he tires and passing gets progressively worse.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Were you at the AMEX? watching the same dicker as everyone else?

HE was crap last night, slow, could not put a pass together and his workrate was terrible.

I watched Dicker for most of the game and it highlighted for me, as well, just how slow and ponderous he is whether he has the ball or not. Virtually everything bypassed him and he had great difficulty keeping up with the pace of the game or linking purposefully with the rest of the team. He also added very little to the side's performance and did no running of note off the ball. In my view, Dicker should not be starting games. The odd splendid pass to one of his team mates does not justify a place in the first 11 but it would seem that Gus seems something that we don't. If Vicente is unable to start, give me Vincelot any day over Dicker.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
In fairness to Barnes, he had a better game than CMS.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I was wondering how many games into the season it would take to see an anti barnes thread, whey we managed 2. Barnes brings alot to the squad unfotunatly last night he had two chances that perhaps on another day he would have buried.

As for CMS he makes some very intelligent runs however last night we did not provide him with a decent ball. How many times did we put a ball into the six yard box?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As for CMS he makes some very intelligent runs however last night we did not provide him with a decent ball. How many times did we put a ball into the six yard box?

When LuaLua came on there were a couple. Sitting in the East Stand I knew where they were going - but no-one made the run to the near post.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was wondering how many games into the season it would take to see an anti barnes thread, whey we managed 2. Barnes brings alot to the squad unfotunatly last night he had two chances that perhaps on another day he would have buried.

A few and he was never there, not to mention the one's he missed. Lua-Lua twice in second half, Noone several times in the first and the worst one of all in the second when Bruno cut the ball back and CMS was outside the penalty area! That said, his clearance off the line was important!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here