Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barn door Barnes

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Why didn't you start this thread, Mr Burns? Or were you sat at home, wanting somebody else to, so you could contribute? One miss. CMS missed a chance. Lua Lua spanked chances wide, so did Crofts and Greer.

Barnes missed at least 4 chances. After over hitting a cross Gus had seen enough on 63 minutes tonight.

Poyet has been here for 2.5 years in which time we've won League 1 at a gallop with Barnes scoring 20 goals and he was our top scorer last season, so of course he suits our system.

I saw every home game that season and he should have scored more than 20(was it 18 in the league?). If a team wins the league at such a gallop the top goalscorer should be comparing with the league goals below . We need a new striker to take us to the next level.

2001-02 Bobby Zamora Albion 28
2008–09 Simon Cox Swindon Town 29
Rickie Lambert Bristol Rovers 29
2009–10 Rickie Lambert Southampton 30
2010–11 Craig Mackail-Smith Peterborough United 27
2011–12 Jordan Rhodes Huddersfield Town 38

These figures may not be true as I got them from wikipedia!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
OP and mr burns, please do f*** off this message board. We didn't score so we all blame Barnes as usual...

It's the second league game for christ sake! Give it 25/30 games then give your opinion you deluded bellends.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Everyone around me thought Dicker played well tonight. As for Barnes, he missed one chance. Cardiff missed better ones.
He missed a very reasonable chance from a header. he missed one in the first half from outside the box that was a very comfortable save for the keeper, he also went clean through and ended up on his arse without shooting instead of cutting across the defender and making more of it. So, I'll say he missed at least three, although only two will show on the stats.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Barnes missed at least 4 chances. After over hitting a cross Gus had seen enough on 63 minutes tonight.

I saw every home game that season and he should have scored more than 20(was it 18 in the league?). If a team wins the league at such a gallop the top goalscorer should be comparing with the league goals below . We need a new striker to take us to the next level.

Oh and what league were they in? All league one wasn't it ???

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I am not sure what is more weird:

a) That your stat conveniently jumps from 2002 to 2008
b) That you even think this is a sensible point to make. We won the league. Barnes scored what he did.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is boring. Barnes cost us buttons but has still given us a decent goal return. If there's any moaning - and I think it's far too early for that anyway - it should be directed towards £2.75m man CMS.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
OP and mr burns, please do f*** off this message board. We didn't score so we all blame Barnes as usual...

It's the second league game for christ sake! Give it 25/30 games then give your opinion you deluded bellends.
Go f*** yourself. Where have I blamed Barnes because we didn't score you dick? CMS should have done better in the first half, haven't blamed him either. If anyones to blame its Poyet. No goals in three games, 3 goals in our last 9 competetive games, I don't blame any player. I blame the manager. End of story. We can't keep being unlucky. Something is clearly not right.

Give it 25/30 games before anyone can have an opinion. And you have the nerve to call other people bellends!! Are you for real. :fishing: ?? You may as well ask Bozza to close the forum for the next 6 months, if we can't comment on anything for 25/30 games.

So if all you can come up with its please f*** off from the board, then well done. Your mum must be very proud of you.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This thread is boring. Barnes cost us buttons but has still given us a decent goal return. If there's any moaning - and I think it's far too early for that anyway - it should be directed towards £2.75m man CMS.

Why?

Because he cost more?

Why? Do tell.

Are you seriously saying Barnes out performed CMS tonight and at Hull?

Dec 29, 2011
Dicker abuse seems a little harsh. I thought he had an effect on the game with some decent passes. Can't remember Barnes doing much at all tbh...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Go f*** yourself. Where have I blamed Barnes because we didn't score you dick? CMS should have done better in the first half, haven't blamed him either. If anyones to blame its Poyet. No goals in three games, 3 goals in our last 9 competetive games, I don't blame any player. I blame the manager. End of story. We can't keep being unlucky. Something is clearly not right.

Give it 25/30 games before anyone can have an opinion. And you have the nerve to call other people bellends!! Are you for real. :fishing: ?? You may as well ask Bozza to close the forum for the next 6 months, if we can't comment on anything for 25/30 games.

So if all you can come up with its please f*** off from the board, then well done. Your mum must be very proud of you.

Oh do me a favour mate, you're always on Barnes's back, everyone on NSC knows you hate him and that you think he's useless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why?

Because he cost more?

Why? Do tell.

Are you seriously saying Barnes out performed CMS tonight and at Hull?

Barnes has already exceeded expectations at this club. What the f*** do you expect for what he cost us - Lionel f***ing Messi?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Everyone around me thought Dicker played well tonight. As for Barnes, he missed one chance. Cardiff missed better ones.

Perhaps it is just me and maybe you represent ST Dunstans ( no disrespect ) or whatever BUT he was s---. He ambled around , never made a tackle, sorry he just did not contribute at all and I reckoned he should have been substituted at 25 minutes but that is not GP,s stile.

As for AB, Well !

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You wont hear any argument from me. The sooner these two are dropped, the sooner we may start scoring goals and winning games.

Hooray... another man with clear eyesight....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Barnes has already exceeded expectations at this club. What the f*** do you expect for what he cost us - Lionel f***ing Messi?

Expect better if we are to challenge

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Dicker abuse seems a little harsh. I thought he had an effect on the game with some decent passes. Can't remember Barnes doing much at all tbh...

Barnes was poor, but Dicker was only just behind him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What gives you the right to "expect"? Try hope.

We've been in the arse end of the Football League for years while our competitors have been banking parachute payments. Get real!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield

Funny that, everyone I spoke to around me seemed to let out a sigh of relief when he came off, although groaning again when Harley came on!!!

Barnes on the other hand.....I sit on the fence with him, personally, I don't like the way he plays (IMO a bit slow and clumsy), but as long as he's putting the goals in, then he's warranting a place in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here