Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I wonder whether, given the choice, whether Hull City fans are willing to give up Tan's financial backing in return for the preserving of the name.

It's an interesting question/dilemma, but not one they should be put in the position of answering.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
What you mean like

Dolphins
The shrimps
Lugworms
The Promenaders
Limpets
Flounders

Yeah come in you Seagulls (but only circa 1970s)

I think you are mixing nicknames with the official club title. We are Brighton and Hove albion ( The Seagulls ) they were Hull City A.F.C ( The Tigers ) and since a request to the F.A was submitted last August they are unoficially now known as Hull City Tigers. The premier league at the moment along with the F.A does not recognise the new name. Their official website does now use Hull City Tigers!!!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
How the hell does a topic about Hull changing their name turn into homophobia.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Don't even those who don't support Hull City have a right to object to the unilateral change in something as fundamental as the name of a historic football club? ???

Football clubs are as much a part of the fabric of the UK heritage as any historic building, painting or sculpture yet there is no national protection for the traditions of the individual clubs. Changing the name of a club without consultation is akin to pebbledashing St Paul's Cathedral without permission from English Heritage.

Hull City fans and the wider community are in a cleft stick - they don't want to get rid of their owner but don't approve of some of the changes he is implementing.

I believe there should be some sort of body, akin to English Heritage, that would have to approve such changes.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Agreed, he thinks the name change will make Hull more marketable internationally. He's trying to develop the club as a global brand but he's going about it in a funny way.

I thought Hammy was talking about you? I'm getting more confused by the minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here