Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I have read it. It's an unfortunate change in football over the years but the chairman can do what he wants. And us displaying a banner is not going to change that one bit! If he doesn't listen to his own fans, he sure as hell won't listen to us.

It does not have to be an "unfortunate change" and if enough fans, both of the team that have a grievance and that supporting the opposition clubs do enough then chairmen will start to listen. It's not as though Hulls' fans are being unreasonable, they want the identity they currently have. What is behind the chairmans motives? Ok if he wants to rebrand, then why? Is it for his benefit or for the future of the club? If he thinks he can secure the future of the club in the next five years at Premiership level then tell the fans this, I am sure that more would come around to his way of thinking if it was to the long term benefit of their club. If it is for his own personal gain rather than that of the club then that is a different matter.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Think you are reading to much into it mate. Mr Rapper doesn't come across as that sort of person.

I can only react to the comments made.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How the hell is that homophobic? Man up is a turn of phrase!

'Man up' - as you intended it - is supposed to encourage a form of strength through masculinity and heterosexuality, as if not being a man is somehow fey, embarrassing and cringeworthy. It's especially pertinent with your continued use of 'love-in', as if supporting other teams' fans is the wrong thing to do, and is somehow not worthwhile.

If anything is embarrassing, it's your unhealthy dose of ambivalence towards fans who have supported us in the past, unless of course you found the whole 'Valentine's Card to John Prescott' embarrassing and cringeworthy, of course.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
'Man up' - as you intended it - is supposed to encourage a form of strength through masculinity and heterosexuality, as if not being a man is somehow fey, embarrassing and cringeworthy. It's especially pertinent with your continued use of 'love-in', as if supporting other teams' fans is the wrong thing to do, and is somehow not worthwhile.

If anything is embarrassing, it's your unhealthy dose of ambivalence towards fans who have supported us in the past, unless of course you found the whole 'Valentine's Card to John Prescott' embarrassing and cringeworthy, of course.

Oh really. Somehow I think you are trying to make an issue out of a commonly used phrase and you know damn well it had no homophobic tendencies. In fact I am pretty pissed off that you have suggested it! Now enough of that crap, I am trying to watch Eastenders.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Oh really. Somehow I think you are trying to make an issue out of a commonly used phrase and you know damn well it had no homophobic tendencies. In fact I am pretty pissed off that you have suggested it! Now enough of that crap, I am trying to watch Eastenders.

Actually I've now revised my opinion of you. You're clearly not an idiot, just a tad contrary with terrible taste in televisual entertainment. Please accept my apologies, must dash, catching up on Winterwatch :wink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're pissed off being pulled up for using phrases that campaigners considers homophobic - but you wish to dimiss as merely 'a turn of phrase' without considering the consequences? Blimey.

Of course, with your insularity, ambivalence towards fellow supporters, and hypocrisy given our plight, I don't think I'm going to be that worried about you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

I thought people like you would be watching benefit street :wink:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Don't you think it's a slightly different scenario having a broke team adrift at the bottom of league 2, about to be homeless and fighting for its very existence compared to a PL team in a flash ground and a wealthy owner having the arse because they might have a slight name change?

You're right, fair enough, but I still think we should support fans who are battling a chairman who doesn't really care about the football club or it's history.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Think you are reading to much into it mate. Mr Rapper doesn't come across as that sort of person.

Thank you. I had no intention of upsetting US, but whether I did or not, is immaterial to the fact I may have caused some hurt. If I did cause hurt, Uncle Spielberg, I am sorry for my part in that. At the same time, I don't think applying negative, personal 'life scripts' to a discussion about the branding of a football club is a solid foundation for someone to build their analysis of that situation.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You're right, fair enough, but I still think we should support fans who are battling a chairman who doesn't really care about the football club or it's history.

This. Except, I think he does care, he's just misguided and not listening.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thank you. I had no intention of upsetting US, but whether I did or not, is immaterial to the fact I may have caused some hurt. If I did cause hurt, Uncle Spielberg, I am sorry for my part in that. At the same time, I don't think applying negative, personal 'life scripts' to a discussion about the branding of a football club is a solid foundation for someone to build their analysis of that situation.

No problem. You make some valid points and am working on my negative mindset. It is a " work in progress "

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You're pissed off being pulled up for using phrases that campaigners considers homophobic - but you wish to dimiss as merely 'a turn of phrase' without considering the consequences? Blimey.

Of course, with your insularity, ambivalence towards fellow supporters, and hypocrisy given our plight, I don't think I'm going to be that worried about you.

Are you for real? Jeez.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder whether, given the choice, whether Hull City fans are willing to give up Tan's financial backing in return for the preserving of the name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here