Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
'Man up' - as you intended it - is supposed to encourage a form of strength through masculinity and heterosexuality, as if not being a man is somehow fey, embarrassing and cringeworthy. It's especially pertinent with your continued use of 'love-in', as if supporting other teams' fans is the wrong thing to do, and is somehow not worthwhile.

If anything is embarrassing, it's your unhealthy dose of ambivalence towards fans who have supported us in the past, unless of course you found the whole 'Valentine's Card to John Prescott' embarrassing and cringeworthy, of course.

This is a laugh out loud over reaction FFS ridiculous

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well you should be. It's about identity and roots.

Listen at our next home game. You'll hear the chant Albion go up. Imagine a Brighton Seagulls where this gradually disappeared. Erode you roots and you erode your connection with so much of your community.

I've done a lot of work in Hull recently and met a lot of City supporters and they are very angry about this. They are proud of their City and proud of the Tigers. They are Hull City and their nickname is the Tigers. That is what the fans want.

Cardiff City supporters call themselves Bluebirds. Do you think they refer to themselves as Dragons? Not yet, but after 10 years the younger ones might. And why? At the whim of a rich man. Well that's not right.

Get a grip!!!

Good luck to us when we need the help of other fans in the future.

They'll probably just give a collective shrug of the shoulders and say "what's it got to do with us?"

I guess we can then look at threads like this for the seeds of collective support being destroyed.

As for this hostile white hot atmosphere at the Hull tie mentioned by other posters. Trust me, the second the whistle blows I will hate Hull City FC and all the stand for and want us to tread them into the dust. When the full time whistle goes, I'll go back to seeing them as football fans and recognise the issues they face. Strange that. Guess it's called being an adult.

(last bit not aimed at you Thunder)

Jesus, think some people need to get a bit of perspective. We'll soon be up in arms whenever a club changes their coat of arms, or shirt sponsors or dare to slap some new paint on a favourite old stand!!

This is completely different to our situation and that faced by a host of clubs in the lower leagues. I even have more sympathy for Pompey fans than I do for Hull fans. Don't see too many threads on here about Coventry's fans and their situation at the moment.

Seems also that some are suggesting that if you don't follow the 'true football supporters' party line on this issue you are the lowest of the low irrespective of your views on more serious situations facing other clubs.

Why they don't just call themselves "Hull City Tigers" which you would have thought've kept everyone happy, I don't know.

Post 144. Common sense but I would still have a sneaky feeling their would be a crusade to follow by some.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought Hammy was talking about you? I'm getting more confused by the minute.

I've forgotten what I was talking about.

What I do know is this. The Large One's campaign to change the name of the Cardiff Tigers to the Hull Nancy Boys is a disgrace and I'm fulling supportive of Vincent Tan's campaign to shut down the Albion Roar. Where's Aslam when you need him? The Hull Lion would sort this out fast!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You're actually serious :lolol: you belong in a viz comic strip you clown.

This made me laugh. I love bushy and TLO but it is a chuckle even TLO will allow I am sure.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Get a grip!!!

Jesus, think some people need to get a bit of perspective. We'll soon be up in arms whenever a club changes their coat of arms, or shirt sponsors or dare to slap some new paint on a favourite old stand!!

This is completely different to our situation and that faced by a host of clubs in the lower leagues. I even have more sympathy for Pompey fans than I do for Hull fans. Don't see too many threads on here about Coventry's fans and their situation at the moment.

Seems also that some are suggesting that if you don't follow the 'true football supporters' party line on this issue you are the lowest of the low irrespective of your views on more serious situations facing other clubs.

Oh Drew you are such a complete fool.

I'm not even going to bother because when your early evening super strength lager has worn off I think you'll come back to your senses.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is surely verging on NSC Gold now? If I were a Hull Tigers fan reading it would have cheered me up no-end; "Ere, ave thou read tut thread on North Stand Chat Arkwright? Them Brighton fans are fookin' nutters!"

:)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No problem. You make some valid points and am working on my negative mindset. It is a " work in progress "

:thumbsup:

Everyone's a work in progress, I guess. Apart from Assem Allam and Vincent Tan, who probably both consider themselves perfect.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here