Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands whose 1st album was brilliant.....who now are crap

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most bands - the first album is the best - it contains all the stuff with the drive and oomph that got them a record contract in the first place. Some go on and get it right on the second album - but only the great bands are any good after that.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Not understanding the beef with Supergrass. Supergrass and Life on Other Plants are at least 'good' albums. I like them very much.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I bet you don't even know what Primal Screams first album was? And if you do I'm even more concerned unless your smiley face denotes your taking the piss.

Their first album was Sonic Flower Groove. It's always been one of my favourites since the day it was released, I've not been that keen on anything they've done since and the smiley face was to acknowledge that nobody was likely to agree with me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
harsh, Sams Town wasnt as commercially catchy but pretty good.

It was alright but it was the start of the downward spiral. The thread title is bands who are NOW crap. Everything post Sam's Town has been bland chart friendly pish.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Their first album was Sonic Flower Groove. It's always been one of my favourites since the day it was released, I've not been that keen on anything they've done since and the smiley face was to acknowledge that nobody was likely to agree with me.

Ok fair enough if that's your opinion but I cant see how sonic flower groove is better than screamadelica or xtmtntr.

Jul 20, 2003

BG's got a lovely shirt on the cover. Velocity Girl was the daddy .... anyone wanna buy some Sarah Records 7 "s?

sha mo mo fo's

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions observed the rule of diminishing returns quite studiously

Each to their own! Mainstream was by far the best offering in terms of mood, lyrical content and musicianship. Jennifer She Said was a quality single, but I think the audience had moved on by then....

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Ok fair enough if that's your opinion but I cant see how sonic flower groove is better than screamadelica or xtmtntr.

I like 12 string guitars and bands who want to sound like the Byrds.

I'm not as keen on bands who want to sound like the Stones or 9 Inch Nails.

All subjective innit?

Jul 20, 2003
Each to their own! Mainstream was by far the best offering in terms of mood, lyrical content and musicianship. Jennifer She Said was a quality single, but I think the audience had moved on by then....

ever noticed Mr Cole's obsessive use of names beginning with the letter J? (apart from 'Louise' in perfect skin)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here