Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakayoko signs for Millwall

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
chez said:
Money and the difference in stadium he is going to play in every other week. Withdean or The New Den, let me think.......doesnt take long does it. :(

But if we'd offered him a contract BEFORE he went on trial at Milwall, he wouldn't have had that choice to make.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Commander said:
But if we'd offered him a contract BEFORE he went on trial at Milwall, he wouldn't have had that choice to make.

True if thats the case, but we dont as far as I know we dont know the facts about it. Perhaps he was offered to both clubs by his agent and was told to make a choice after playing for them both. Who knows? Either way I am quite disappointed as I think he would have been a good player for us.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we'd offered the guy a contract after the Worthing match I reckon he'd have taken it.

Spackman is no fool and hasn't seen as much of him as McGhee, yet he's signed a 2 year deal. PSG signed him and I'm sure they gave the matter due consideration, now I see Brittain is up to Scotland.

Bagayoko and Brittain are both better than Hart and Mayo, IMHO, so what's the problem?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Piss off McGhee

I tihnk that just about says it all. AFter the end of last seaosn I was willing to giv ehim my support this season but seeing as he has made a right f*** up of pre-season I have again lost all faith in him AGAIN.

I really hope he proves me wrong but I suspect that won't be the case.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Commander said:

if ....... or maybe we offered and he decided to take the opportunity of the trial at Millwall.

They have a decent ground .... we don't. Anyone who thinks this does not effect a players decision making process really isn't in the real world.

We are not a big club, without our own ground we are small fish in a big pond.
We have no assets, we operate on a show string, we rely on directors putting money into the club to keep it going. We live hand to mouth and our future is going to 'dogdy until we get a new ground.

Now ask yourself who would you want as a future employer, BHAFC or Millwall.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
chez said:
True if thats the case, but we dont as far as I know we dont know the facts about it.

But we can't let that get in the way of a good old-fashioned witch hunt now can we?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bollocks Deportivo, it didn't stop Zamora, Cullip, Currie, Yeates, Henderson, Morgan, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Carole and Frutos agreeing to play for the Albion in the recent past.

The difference then was we had managers with the X Factor and contacts, who could persuade players to join us to further their careers. Now we've got a dour Scotsman lame duck manager with all the persuasive powers of an orange.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Pavilionaire said:
Now we've got a dour Scotsman lame duck manager with all the persuasive powers of an orange.
To be fair to oranges, even they have a bit of fizz in them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Pavilionaire said:
Bollocks Deportivo, it didn't stop Zamora, Cullip, Currie, Yeates, Henderson, Morgan, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Carole and Frutos agreeing to play for the Albion in the recent past.

The difference then was we had managers with the X Factor and contacts, who could persuade players to join us to further their careers. Now we've got a dour Scotsman lame duck manager with all the persuasive powers of an orange.

Top ranting that man. :clap: :clap:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Rangdo said:
But we can't let that get in the way of a good old-fashioned witch hunt now can we?

I sense a hint of sarcasm there Rangdo! The fact remains that despite only having signed one player this pre season we have also only let 1 "proper" player go (carole) and even he as excellent as he was, went AWOL alot of the time.

With this being the case maybe we dont need to strengthen the team as much as some people are saying. As far as I can remember despite finishing bottom we werent, until mathmatically down ever slaughtered by anyone. I think there is quite a gap in class between The Championship & League 1 so maybe were gonna be OK.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chez, I assume you agree that every side needs an experienced spine, say 3 or 4 decent pros?

The problem is that our lot - Hart, Mayo, Butters, Oatway, Carpenter - are either injured or out of form. To me that leaves us exposed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pavilionaire said:

That could be true, but also since the last of those joined, we have spent a large sum of money expanding Withdean Stadium, we are still locked in a battle (as you know) with more money needed to fund the court case and a further drop in revenue.

Last edited:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Chez, I assume you agree that every side needs an experienced spine, say 3 or 4 decent pros?

The problem is that our lot - Hart, Mayo, Butters, Oatway, Carpenter - are either injured or out of form. To me that leaves us exposed.

Yeah I agree with that I suppose, although I think Hammond, Reid and Chippy will be top players in this division. Im probably being slightly optimistic with my last post but I would just like people to give MM a break now and see what kind of results we get in the 1st few games. If we arent in contention for a play off place by xmas then sack him, I wont have a problem with that at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've also received money from Harding, Virgo, Knight, Carole and could still sell Henderson or CKR if we felt the squad could be improved with the sale proceeds.

I don't buy the argument that the "doom and gloom" factor is worse now than before, after all, we've just spent 3 out of the last 4 seasons in the Championship, so prospective signings know the Albion is a club that they can join and further their career with.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

You'd have a point but Carole, Frutos and Currie were all signed by the dour lame duck Scotsman.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
chez said:
As far as I can remember despite finishing bottom we werent, until mathmatically down ever slaughtered by anyone.

I seem to remember Norwich, Luton and Stoke beating us 3-0 and we were appalling in those games and Reading 5-1 is best forgotten apart from CKR's consolation.

OK Stoke did us 5-1 at home on the last day but we were already down then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here