Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakayoko signs for Millwall

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Commander said:
But if we'd offered him a contract BEFORE he went on trial at Milwall, he wouldn't have had that choice to make.

Exactly, it's almost as if MM is having a love affair with these players trying to play hard to get. We should hvae just signed him he was obviously a pacey young player and a better option at left back than Kerry Mayo, how hard can it be?! :angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chez, I think you need to lower your sights mate. If McGhee gets sacked it won't be because we're not in the play-off spots, it's because we're in the bottom 6 or 7 after a dozen matches.

Make no mistake, this is going to be a long, hard season. Our older players are showing their age, while our youngsters have very little experience and McGhee is struggling to fill the gaps.

Given the fact pre-season has been shit I'd be happy with mid-table if it means we end the season with a settled side and the likes of Lynch / Cox / Fraser / Gatting and Robinson all battle-hardened for a promotion assault in 2007/08.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Pavilionaire said:
Bollocks Deportivo, it didn't stop Zamora, Cullip, Currie, Yeates, Henderson, Morgan, Ingimarsson, Sidwell, Carole and Frutos agreeing to play for the Albion in the recent past.

The difference then was we had managers with the X Factor and contacts, who could persuade players to join us to further their careers. Now we've got a dour Scotsman lame duck manager with all the persuasive powers of an orange.

Henderson, Carole and frutos were signed by McGhee.

Currie and Cullip were going nowhere and had nothing to loose.

However the issue here is that many believe we are now further away from Falmer than we were five years ago. Money is even tighter than it was then. Fans seem to expect sucess regardless of the financial situation of the club.

McGhee will be gone by Christmas and DW will be in charged, however I wonder who will be to blame when we have the same problems next close season?

Answers on a post card ......

afters said:
spot on.

he's thinking: get me out of here millwall, come on i know you want to trial me too.

Was Rod Liddle joking in the Sunday Times that Millwall have lost 8 out of 8 in pre-season? I know Crawley done them :lol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:

However the issue here is that many believe we are now further away from Falmer than we were five years ago. Money is even tighter than it was then. Fans seem to expect sucess regardless of the financial situation of the club.

McGhee will be gone by Christmas and DW will be in charged, however I wonder who will be to blame when we have the same problems next close season?

Still blame McGhee, it will take a season to sort out the mess!!!!

Deportivo Seagull said:

Half the players that Pavillionaire lists were brought to the Albion by McGhee, Yeates was one of his too.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I really wish now that Rotherham had signed Nicholas - it would have sent some of you right over the top and Thursday night would have made great listening.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Yeah, but McGhee didn't not rate him, we just couldn't afford him which is hardly McGhee's fault.

If he'd decided he was shite then fair enough, but he didn't.

McGhee's still a numpty though.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Still blame McGhee, it will take a season to sort out the mess!!!!

Trouble is, the inability to sign players was an issue long before McGhee got here. Coppel had problems as did Taylor, and if my memory serves me correctly this was also one of MA's pet hates.

So who will be the next whipping boy after McGhee has gone?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Half the players that Pavillionaire lists were brought to the Albion by McGhee, Yeates was one of his too.

My point is that regardless of who WAS manager we could attract decent players before, and I don't see what's so different now, i.e. the lack of money and poor facilities have been a constant all the time we've been back at Withdean.

I'd argue that McGhee is not the same manager he was when he came here, the financial pressures and falling out with players, plus relegation, have taken their toll on him and everyone knows his job is on the line.

I don't think he knows what to do for the best - he liked the look of Bagayoko but dallied because his priority was an attacking player (Burgess?) who we've since failed to attract. Now Bagayoko's gone to a Spackman's new regime at Millwall, we've brought in no one and the clocks ticking.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Deportivo Seagull said:
Trouble is, the inability to sign players was an issue long before McGhee got here. Coppel had problems as did Taylor, and if my memory serves me correctly this was also one of MA's pet hates.

So who will be the next whipping boy after McGhee has gone?

Both Coppell and Adams were able to attract players that could be seen to strength our side, even if they did get knock backs, the current manager does not seem to be able to do that. Taylor made minimal changes, but then he did not need to change much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
This pre season is reminiscent of all the balls up in 2002 when Tinselhead got the job at the last minute and there was no squad strengthening till it was too late.

SACK THE SCOT NOW :angry: :angry: :angry:

:lolol: just quite how McGhee can be held responsible for the farce surrounding Hinsh I don't know. Surely you should be sacking the board? Or do you back them now after 5 years ranting about them

Lankyseagull said:
I seem to remember Norwich, Luton and Stoke beating us 3-0 and we were appalling in those games and Reading 5-1 is best forgotten apart from CKR's consolation.

OK Stoke did us 5-1 at home on the last day but we were already down then.

I watched the game at Carrow Road and we far from appalling in that game - down to 10 men with Hinsh sent off we were still better than the home side for much of the game and the Norwich fans made that clear to their team. But they got two goals near the end while we had nearly all our 10 men in their half. But we fought bravely and skilfully in that game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
Both Coppell and Adams were able to attract players that could be seen to strength our side, even if they did get knock backs, the current manager does not seem to be able to do that. Taylor made minimal changes, but then he did not need to change much.

I would have thought that was more to do with further financial losses with an end to the Falmer saga no closer than it was before, leading the board to hold back finances until some form of stability is found, plus extra cash spent on Withdean to increase the capacity. Not his inability to sign players.

Pavilionaire said:
My point is that regardless of who WAS manager we could attract decent players before, and I don't see what's so different now, i.e. the lack of money and poor facilities have been a constant all the time we've been back at Withdean.

I'd argue that McGhee is not the same manager he was when he came here, the financial pressures and falling out with players, plus relegation, have taken their toll on him and everyone knows his job is on the line.

I don't think he knows what to do for the best - he liked the look of Bagayoko but dallied because his priority was an attacking player (Burgess?) who we've since failed to attract. Now Bagayoko's gone to a Spackman's new regime at Millwall, we've brought in no one and the clocks ticking.

He liked Bagakoyo after he played Worthing and that pub team in Le Havre. I'd be interested if you can find a quote about Bagayoko by McGhee after they actually played the real Le Havre team - I don't think you will. We didn't dally on Bagayoko, we ended our interest, whether that was because he wasn't good enough, or he was too expensive, or a subtle mix of the two, it is not clear.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ernest said:
I would rather publically castrate myself with a rusty razor blade than give one word of support to Dick Tight and his anorak wearing clown of a partner :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now that would certainly get season ticket sales up. How about you castrate yourself for one home game then sow 'em back on for the next, twelve castrations a season. Great entertainment, I'm sure Channel 5 would pay good money for that.:lolol:

You could then oust DK with the money from the TV rights and leads us to the promised land.

Viva el Ernest:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here