Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakayoko signs for Millwall

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Deportivo Seagull said:
Now that would certainly get season ticket sales up. How about you castrate yourself for one home game then sow 'em back on for the next, twelve castrations a season. Great entertainment, I'm sure Channel 5 would pay good money for that.:lolol:

You could then oust DK with the money from the TV rights and leads us to the promised land.

Viva el Ernest:clap:

I haven't got the balls to do that :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
DannyBhoy said:
will score against us now!!

At least we've still got Kerry.

:D

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I would have thought that was more to do with further financial losses with an end to the Falmer saga no closer than it was before, leading the board to hold back finances until some form of stability is found, plus extra cash spent on Withdean to increase the capacity. Not his inability to sign players.

Does not wash, he has spent more on players than any of his predecessors. Maybe it is a case they will not release any more funds to him as we still have some of these signings floating around not doing anything.

Uncle Buck said:
Both Coppell and Adams were able to attract players that could be seen to strength our side, even if they did get knock backs, the current manager does not seem to be able to do that. Taylor made minimal changes, but then he did not need to change much.

Hang on though. Adams brought players in that strengthened our side, yes. Of course he did. He could have put me and you in the team and it would have strengthened the side he took on. Don't forget we were utter utter shite when Adams came in.

I'm not really convinced that Coppell brought anyone in that really strengthened us that much. Taylor brought in one or tow loans signings that really did the business for us, but I agree he didn't do much.

I thought that the reason we'd stopped trialling Bakayoko was simply that he wanted more money than we were prepared to pay. Hardly McGhee's fault. I'm happy that the board and McGhee aren't trying to throw money that we don't have at players and dropping us in the shit. What I would like to see though is McGhee actually come out and say "We couldn't afford him. We couldn't agree terms so we had to let him go." At least that would imply that he wanted too much money maybe.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Buck said:
Does not wash, he has spent more on players than any of his predecessors. Maybe it is a case they will not release any more funds to him as we still have some of these signings floating around not doing anything.

He has also sold more players than his predecessors and brought in more revenue.

I am just specualting though as we do not find out why these potential deals do not occur.

I would like to know in each instance the real reason why the signing does not take place, but I guess we will never find out the whole story.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
He has also sold more players than his predecessors and brought in more revenue.

I am just specualting though as we do not find out why these potential deals do not occur.

I would like to know in each instance the real reason why the signing does not take place, but I guess we will never find out the whole story.

The fact is others were able to bring in players that made a difference, last season McGhee did not manage this and this must have some bearing when it comes to making funds available to him now.

BarrelofFun said:

Yep, I agree with that, but a perfectly good opportunity to ask about Bakayoko tonight if people feel so inclined.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
The fact is others were able to bring in players that made a difference, last season McGhee did not manage this and this must have some bearing when it comes to making funds available to him now.

After the Dick Knight error of Turienzo, McGhee was given bugger all money to keep us in the Championship. The idea that you think we were paying competitive wages to compete in that league is utterly laughable.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
After the Dick Knight error of Turienzo, McGhee was given bugger all money to keep us in the Championship. The idea that you think we were paying competitive wages to compete in that league is utterly laughable.

Where have I said we are being competitive wages.

Stop making things up Steve or we will fall out again and we have been very nice to each other this summer...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Where have I said we are being competitive wages.

Stop making things up Steve or we will fall out again and we have been very nice to each other this summer...
Perhaps you could both share a beverage tonight as a sign of affection?

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
What I would like to see though is McGhee actually come out and say "We couldn't afford him. We couldn't agree terms so we had to let him go." At least that would imply that he wanted too much money maybe.

I doubt he would do that because if true, it shifts the burden of responsibility onto the board and particularly DK. Given that DK is the man keeping McGhee in a job right now, probably best not to piss him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here