Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BAG has been accepted into Nottingham Uni

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I lived in Radford for a year, was pretty bad but we got on with the locals because we drank in their pubs and not in all the shit student bars. The first christmas we were there all the houses on our road (which were all student houses) got robbed apart from those were people we drank with lived.

Coincidence? Nope, we know who did it now.

I head the gang stuff is getting worse though.

:(

Gang scene in Radford was very bad when I left. Race riots on a smaller scale to Oldham/Bradford happened in my estate off Ilkeston Road in 2001.

We drank in the Boulevard just off Radford Boulevard as we knew the landlady, who locked us in the pool room as some "student bashers" had just entered the pub and she tried to protect us.

Our house got robbed within 1 week (!) of living in our gaff. There was already iron bars on all the bottom floor windows and a massive iron back door to protect the actual back door itself from burglars.

A few fireworks through the letterbox and apart from that it was the life of Riley!

Hence, Nottingham is a superb place (especially Media and the Bomb, and sometimes Long Island), just make sure BAG lives in the right area as some of it is DAMN nasty.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Well done. I could have gone to study in Nottingham (one of Europe's most vibrant and exciting student cities), but for reasons I still don't fully understand I chose Preston (the first town in Britain to get a bypass, and for good reason) instead.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:

Hence, Nottingham is a superb place (especially Media and the Bomb, and sometimes Long Island), just make sure BAG lives in the right area as some of it is DAMN nasty.

I second that.

If you are gonna drink around Radford Boulevard..

We lived a bit furthur up, about 2 minutes up the road from that Midland Bank on Alfreton Road (across from the KFC where everyone tends to get shot).

There's a barbers up there that opens at 4am on Saturdays, people used to get stoned and go get haircuts in there. Quite funny really.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: excellent news , well done LAURA!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Congratulations Laura. My daughter got her degree in Mathmatical Physics at Nottingham Uni so if there is any gen you want to know just ask.

She stayed in halls for the whole three years (1 year in Nightingale and 2 in Lenton which is mixed)

A great uni and one that is headhunted when you are looking for employment in your final year.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
In all fairness most apart from the very very crap ones have people sniffing about them.

True, but Nottingham is regarded as an 'Ivy League' University

Incidentally BAG, my daughter met her husband there - who was living in Brighton and so they now live in Sussex.

So if you follow the example of our family, you will meet someone from Huddersfield and end up living near your Dad's relatives :lolol: :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Strike said:
Oi, I am jobhunting as I don't have enough qualifications for uni (I am not thick though 6 GCSE's and 2 Diplomas.) But I wish I could go to uni though. Might do a part time course in the future at uni though.

You'd get into an Irish university with that, probably. Depends on what grades you have and what courses. You'd also get the EU Reduced Fees if not the full Reduced (E900 a year).

Also, some of the Irish universities, particularly DCU and Trinity, have far higher respect outside of Europe in IT and business sectors than other European ones. Their degrees are always valid in the UK as well, obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here