Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad News About Falmer Catering

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Local company Hardings have not been awarded the catering contract at Falmer so much for using local companies .Hardings have been looking after hospitality for the Albion for the past two years and have kept prices down and offered some of the best food ive eaten at a football stadium anywere.some london comp. has been given the contract Iknow that many of the regulars are very disapionted as are many of the albion comercial staff who recomended Hardings time and time a again to Perry .This is a kick in the teeth to local companies and the rthe club have strung them along on the pretence of the contract wich ment that Hardings opperated at break even for two years to keep them happy. SHAME ON YOU pERRY AND CO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whats up, your mate works for/owns Hardings?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
HBZ. Sorry I had to read your post three times for it to make sense.

Have you any sources, and if the food at Withdean is some of the best food you have eaten at a football ground, your taste buds must be shot to ribbons.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I agree with the idea of trying to use local suppliers... however, perhaps Withdean and Falmer have very different requirements. They might be very suitable for a few dozen people in a portacabin... but less so for the more extensive demands of a new state-of-the-art stadium complex?

I would guess MP and the Falmer Project team have looked into this pretty carefully, as it would have a significant commercial impact if the catering were sub-standard.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm guessing the catering contract will be managed by a holding company with them franchising off to other companies.
Just a guess mind you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
hbz. Sorry i had to read your post three times for it to make sense.

have you any sources, and if the food at withdean is some of the best food you have eaten at a football ground, your taste buds must be shot to ribbons.

its sauces................

Nov 20, 2003
hove
No ive worked for rivals no inerest other than fairness and whats best for paying public .ps burger vans have nothing to with hardings they are employed by albion

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Whilst local firms should be given every chance to compete I guess it comes down to price and quality and the ability to provide the service.
Perhaps I should not comment as I have never sampled the Hardings product at the North Stand and all this fine dining is a mystery to me. Never been there. I just turn up at the South stand, sometimes have sausage and chips at the rip off price of £4.50 and sit in my G block seat.
So, what exactly am I missing? Is there a restuarant open to all; is it only for corporates and directors? Are the toilets better? Someone must know.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
HBZ. Sorry I had to read your post three times for it to make sense.

Have you any sources, and if the food at Withdean is some of the best food you have eaten at a football ground, your taste buds must be shot to ribbons.

Hospitality-not Botulism Burgers R Us...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Surely its about scale.

The vol au vents etc.in the cabins behind the Northstand are OK, but catering in a state of the art football stadium might require a bit more logistical know how.

Surely Hardings tendered for the business along with whoever was successful??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Getting all bitter and twisted because they've found a better catering deal elsewhere is pretty pointless. Maybe its all tied in with the expanded hospitality the new stadium will be able to offer, and they've simply found a company that can best handle it. So its not really "bad news about Falmer catering" at all, its just bad news for Hardings.

Thats life. The club doesn't morally owe any other company their business.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sod the food you wimps, whats happening about the beer.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Surely its about scale.

The vol au vents etc.in the cabins behind the Northstand are OK, but catering in a state of the art football stadium might require a bit more logistical know how.

Surely Hardings tendered for the business along with whoever was successful??

To be fair there is a little more to it than vol au vents. You get a 4 course meal and grub at half time and full time. It's always been pretty good when I've been in there.

Bit of shame they weren't given the opportunity to carry on at Falmer, but I'm sure the club have a good reason as to why they have chosen this other company.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be fair there is a little more to it than vol au vents. You get a 4 course meal and grub at half time and full time. It's always been pretty good when I've been in there.

Bit of shame they weren't given the opportunity to carry on at Falmer, but I'm sure the club have a good reason as to why they have chosen this other company.

Yeah. they were cheaper.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
But there own comercial dept wanted hardings as do all the punters in there I have sampled many events and corprate hospitality in many venes including Wembley and Emerites and the food hardings produce is better and half the cost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aside from the corp stuff I do hope we get some decent catering in the rest of the ground. A decent pie company, a sushi hut and a Grubbs outlet would be cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here